Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the next overhyped puncher with a thin resume to take an L in the next year?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wilder will get brutally stopped very soon

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      "warriors"......more like people don't utilize skills like parrying, slipping and dipping. Not mastering your craft isn't something to applaud. those "Warriors " bang because they don't know certain nuances of the sport.

Gatti was a warrior but he wasn't a top fighter....lost to every top fighter he faced

Graziano was a warrior but not a top fighter,....fought mostly welterweights and lost to all his best opponents

Blood and guts is cool and I applaud having the balls to trade when you have to but taking a beating was never cool to me.

Getting your head bashed in makes you no more of a warrior than Willie Pep, or Whitaker, every fighter takes licks, some are smart enough to move their head smdh.......I'd rather be known as a winner, than a warrior.
      Parrying, slipping, dipping, all legit!! Clinching isn't!! Which is the only thing I mentioned. Thats not defense bro.

Comment

triple g
        canelo
        To finish the trifecta

Comment

My vote is GGG.....remember where you heard it first.....He will look like a God facing those club fighters....He may not even get by Lemieux
          Lem couldn't get past Rubio and Alcine without a loss, GGG destroys him. GGG won't suffer any KD's by no C fighter.

Lemeiuex is an improving C fighter who just looked good against other C fighters like Rosado and N'Dam. N'Dam was knocked down 10 times between Lemieux and Quillin, to put in perspective he just matched all of Khan's career knock downs in 2 fights. That's crazy.

But yeah, i've said in the past, GGG is a good fighter, but he's feasting on a terrible division.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Parrying, slipping, dipping, all legit!! Clinching isn't!! Which is the only thing I mentioned. Thats not defense bro.
            clinching is a part of boxing...its also a part of defense....people complaining about clinching today, obviously didn't watch many of the slow paced fights from 1900-1950....the clinching is far less than in the "Golden Age" of boxing
            Clinching is part of in-fighting. Also it helps infighters stay close to more nimble fighters and also gives the fighters a lil time to loaf. As much as people complain about it, it just shows they don't have much understanding of the sport, its techniques and when to use them.

If you're hurt, you clinch.....which is why fighters like Hearns lost fights they could have won by standing there like a "warrior" covering up and not clinching to get their senses back and a breather i.e. vs Leonard....there are many examples of fighters not knowing how or when to clinch....Ala...Khan whenever he is hurt. Face it bro, clinching is a part of the sport, defense, and if its excessive its the referees job to take points and the opponents job and his trainer's job to teach how to get out of clinches, free their hands and work.

Clinching also forces an infighter to reset their offense and breaks rhythm

Comment

Here goes these stupid threads again coming from the same group.

Can you tell me why this overhyped puncher was ducked by Martinez, Sturm, Quillin, Cotto? Ward can't even decide whether to fight him or not.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Here goes these stupid threads again coming from the same group.

Can you tell me why this overhyped puncher was ducked by Martinez, Sturm, Quillin, Cotto? Ward can't even decide whether to fight him or not.
                I don't give fighters credit for NOT having fights take place

that's the same wrongful anointing they did with Margarito when he was so-called the most feared welterweight

Same with Paul Williams

You get credit for who you beat, nothing more or less
                If he and Ward ever fight, it'll be pretty one-sided IMO in GGG's favor....it would shock a lot of people but not me, He isn't on Wards level and hasn't fought or beat the opponents to prove otherwise

Comment

Ward don't even want the fight doe. You have to check with Ward first before posting this nonsense.

It's not rocket science to figure out whether a guy wants this or that fight. You can smell one who DO want a fight. You clowns have seen it. Khan on Mayweather, on Garcia and Peterson rematches, you can also include Herrera... There was Lara on Canelo, which he finally got.

You don't see that in Ward. He even lied about making an offer via email 6,7 months ago, which nobody even heard of, which includes his promoter.

Tell you what, let's help make Ward vs Golovkin happen right after the Lemieux fight. I don't think Canelo/Cotto winner will take 3G right away.

Let's see who's the real duck.

Comment

clinching is a part of boxing...its also a part of defense....people complaining about clinching today, obviously didn't watch many of the slow paced fights from 1900-1950....the clinching is far less than in the "Golden Age" of boxing
                    Clinching is part of in-fighting. Also it helps infighters stay close to more nimble fighters and also gives the fighters a lil time to loaf. As much as people complain about it, it just shows they don't have much understanding of the sport, its techniques and when to use them.

If you're hurt, you clinch.....which is why fighters like Hearns lost fights they could have won by standing there like a "warrior" covering up and not clinching to get their senses back and a breather i.e. vs Leonard....there are many examples of fighters not knowing how or when to clinch....Ala...Khan whenever he is hurt. Face it bro, clinching is a part of the sport, defense, and if its excessive its the referees job to take points and the opponents job and his trainer's job to teach how to get out of clinches, free their hands and work.

Clinching also forces an infighter to reset their offense and breaks rhythm
                    If you're hurt, you clinch. Other than than that, don't. My opinion. Don't respect excessive clinchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
                      If you're hurt, you clinch. Other than than that, don't. My opinion. Don't respect excessive clinchers.
                      excessive clinching I feel you on that...like broner vs Porter or when its on purpose its boring AF and makes fights ugly

I don't mind cllinching as long as both fighters are fighting towards position and working when the hand gets free like how ricky hatton, and others do

Comment

Working...
                      X