No announcement yet.

What do Matthysse fans think?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    He clearly beat Alexander and he wasn't supposed to beat Judah. He was the untested foreigner Judah was supposed to beat on one of his many comebacks, and most thought Lucas won. He's proven himself to be one of the best fighters at 140.

I'm disappointed about last night, though. I've never seen Lucas just give up. His effort over the last 3 rounds was almost nonexistent. It was very disappointing. Makes me think he doesn't want to fight anymore.
    I don't think Alexander-Matthysse was clear, it was a close fight. And I like Matthysse more than I do Alexander, I actually don't think much of Alexander. I didn't care if Matthysse won that fight, i'd admit it, but it was not a clear win for either fighter.

Comment

I'm not assigning a random number. Search for the poll. It was somewhere around 90% that thought Lucas won. Maybe even more than that. This is way before Garcia and NSB caring about Lucas, too, so you can't say people are only saying that out of bias.
      Polls on NSB aren't much to go by.

Kanye West voice: Boxing fans don't care about black fighters.

NSB is the same place that has a poll about Mayweather vs Rios and Rios has the lead to win. That is because people rather just pick the non black fighter in polls. Haymon fighters are also hated, Alexander is a Haymon fighter. He is black and a Haymon fighter.

Comment

he only has 1 clear loss on his record, he has underrated boxing skills and legit power, garcia won by maybe 1 round or 2 maximum and is now never the same.

i think we have to give postol credit however i think we can all agree something wasnt right with him after he stopped throwing, physically, mentally or both.

'south american hype job doe'

Comment

He clearly beat Alexander and he wasn't supposed to beat Judah. He was the untested foreigner Judah was supposed to beat on one of his many comebacks, and most thought Lucas won. He's proven himself to be one of the best fighters at 140.

I'm disappointed about last night, though. I've never seen Lucas just give up. His effort over the last 3 rounds was almost nonexistent. It was very disappointing. Makes me think he doesn't want to fight anymore.
          i agree with this post, though as a fan is hard for me to say that i'm disappointed, lucas gave up.

and yes, his corner sucks. listen to them after every round. their plan was just to land and wait for the KO.

i don't think he will come back, and if he do he needs to change his corner.

Comment

A guy with almost no knockouts made Lucas quit in what was a close fight up to that point. The quitting part sucked. The fact that in both this fight and the fight with Garcia Lucas showed that he can mentally fold when something like a headbutt or thumb to the eye happens sucks. The fact that it was a Roach fighter that basically ended his career sucks the most.

Comment

I honestly cant agree with anyone scoring the Matthysse vs Alexander fight to Devon.

It was a huge stretch to score Judah fight for Judah too.

Comment

I thought it was a good fight (minus all the holding). It went back and forth quite evenly. The better man won, period.
                Postol frustrated Lucas early and then Lucas seemed to have a little comeback in the middle and Postol reworked his strategy and got back into it. Was nice flow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
                  I honestly cant agree with anyone scoring the Matthysse vs Alexander fight to Devon.

It was a huge stretch to score Judah fight for Judah too.
                  The Judah fight was close. But the Devon loss was a total hometown robbery.

Comment

I think Matthysse needs to move up to 147. He's been fighting at 140 his whole career. He's mentioned more than once that he wants to move up.

Comment

Mattysee is a good fighter but seems to come up short for that title. Not sure what happened but he must have been seriuosly hurt in the 10th not to get up.

But the Machine is just a nickname I see nothing wrong with fans getting excited when a fighter is knocking everyone out. I don't even care if fans mock him. But to call him an hype job is stupidity to me. He's beaten several top ten fighters. The man isn't a real machine he does feel pain and he does get hurt.

I'm not sure if he'll be able to get another title shot however or if he even has the will to climb the ranks again.
                      Last edited by SilverMiles; 10-04-2015, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X