Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little lucas quit like a girl and a sissie

Lucas Little matty is the most overhyped farce in boxing and acomplete weak joke. Losses to Devon and Bradley and Danny G and now the Postol Ko prove the litte Luke is a sissie. Keep in mind Marcos maidana beat the quitting Lucas I QUIT 4 times already in Argentina. Lucas is just not very good and has average boxing skills. If Lucas were black he wouldn't even get fights.

Comment

• ?

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
      I kinda disagree. Postal controlled range frequently during the fight, and Matthysse didn't seem to have the experience or skill to figure out how to break Postal's control of range. Postal controlled range almost at will, making Matthysse lunge in and look amateurish.

And how is what you're saying, disagreeing with what I said? LoL. Sounds like we are on the same pages.

Comment

• Postol called out Crawford and I can see this fight getting made next, but it could be a technical stinker, not very fan-friendly. I’d prefer to see Crawford vs. Broner, much more interesting for a laundry list of reasons. Postol's mandatory is Amir Imam, that's who I'd rather see him fight next.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
          Postol called out Crawford and I can see this fight getting made next, but it could be a technical stinker, not very fan-friendly. I’d prefer to see Crawford vs. Broner, much more interesting for a laundry list of reasons. Postol's mandatory is Amir Imam, that's who I'd rather see him fight next.
          Good call actually.

Who's next for Pac ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
            And how is what you're saying, disagreeing with what I said? LoL. Sounds like we are on the same pages.
            Your argument suggested it was primarily the size difference that determined the outcome. I disagree on that. Having the boxing IQ and experience of controlling range isn't so much about having the size advantage.

Comment

• Lucas gave up quit took his $500000 and gave up

Postol wants American cash because russian rubles are worthless and ***** has destroyed Russia and eastern europe. America should ignore these russian fighters looking for rubles and only accept American and mexican fighters and a few lowly british fighters. Postol is a good kid but is no more thatn like the syrian refugees looking for a home. America has enough trash and low lifes and free loaders and illegals. Postol does earn his keep so keep the Post and eliminate 100,000 mexiican scum bags.

Comment

• This fight only proved that Matthysse is easy to tie up and that Postol is featherfisted/weak chinned.

Postol was giving a long ass whooping to Matthysse over 10 rounds and failed to drop him until the 10th and only due to an eye injury.

If Matthysse was harder to tie up then Postol would have been ko'd. Up until round 7, Matthysse wasn't landing anything and he finally landed like 2 punches and rocked Postol.

Postol knew that Matthysse could have knocked him out if he closed the distance so he died the smart thing and tied him up. But overall Postol prevailed and turned out to be the better fighter.

Comment

• Whatever kid.........

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                  Your argument suggested it was primarily the size difference that determined the outcome. I disagree on that. Having the boxing IQ and experience of controlling range isn't so much about having the size advantage.

If Postol was the same natural size as LM, a couple of those KO punches he landed, would've actually stopped Postol. His size allowed him to absorb those punches. His reach, height, and weight advantages, is why he won. He isn't the best boxer to begin with. His chin isn't the best either. he was just too BIG, man. You're trying to make Postol out to be better than what he is. Even LM said he wasn't all that good. He wasn't lying. It's the truth. He uses his SIZE well and that's why he won. He has a good jab and uppercut. His ring IQ isn't that good. I mean, he ain't no SRL in there. LoL. Be real man. I know what I saw and what I have been seeing for over 30 plus years, with these style matchups. Stop trying to make it as if I don't know what I am talking about.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                    If Postol was the same natural size as LM, a couple of those KO punches he landed, would've actually stopped Postol. His size allowed him to absorb those punches. His reach, height, and weight advantages, is why he won. He isn't the best boxer to begin with. His chin isn't the best either. he was just too BIG, man. You're trying to make Postol out to be better than what he is. Even LM said he wasn't all that good. He wasn't lying. It's the truth. He uses his SIZE well and that's why he won. He has a good jab and uppercut. His ring IQ isn't that good. I mean, he ain't no SRL in there. LoL. Be real man. I know what I saw and what I have been seeing for over 30 plus years, with these style matchups. Stop trying to make it as if I don't know what I am talking about.
                    They are both JWW's.

Matthyse has beaten bigger opponents than Postol.

Postol beat Matthyse because he is a better fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by sicko View Post
                      Cry about the clinching all you want...IT WORKS!

Postol beat him MENTALLY then took him out physically
                      Not to sound hyperbolic, but Bringing a hammer into the ring and hitting your opponent with it would work too, but doesn't mean it should be legal.

Excessive clinching used to be frowned upon and even scored against. Boxing judging has always been suspect.

The fans clearly hate this style.

Clinching every now and then is part of it. Clinching, holding, crossing the opponents arms all the time, hugging, and running around is the most despised aspect of the sport.

Judges shouldn't score a fight for the guy who taps his opponents a few times, and then spends two and a half minutes skipping, holding, hugging.

It's bad for the sport, boring to watch, and frankly, ******.

Why not allow them to push off, headlock (which Ward and Floyd often do), poke eyes, hold them down, knee.

Cut the fingers and thumbs, make it MMA.
                      Last edited by Progrssive_Jedi; 10-04-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X