Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Postol Shocker, Knocks Out Lucas Matthysse For WBC Belt!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Goldenboy, De La Hoya, is going to have a bad 2015/16

His guy lost here, one of his other champs will lose in a few weeks, and it's only a matter of time before his Red haired Goldenboy (Mr. Let's drain down 20 pounds and fight my little brothers friends Canelo) will be exposed.

Canelo vacates and runs like hell from GGG, that's a given, because Goldenboy will have been devastated by then.

It will be better to trick his Mexican fan base into believing he is really a 154 fighter than lose to GGG.

Postol looked good.

It's too bad this fight probably just killed off any chance Oscer and Canelo grow a pair of balls in the next two year.

Comment

• The only title Lucas will own is gatekeeper

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
        I kinda disagree. Postal controlled range frequently during the fight, and Matthysse didn't seem to have the experience or skill to figure out how to break Postal's control of range. Postal controlled range almost at will, making Matthysse lunge in and look amateurish.
        I agree. Mattyse is an exciting fighter with KO power but a guy who gives him angles and has some length will always give him trouble.
        Interesting fact about FM is that he had alonger reach than any man he fought except Oscar who had a 1 inch advantage (judah has same measurement as Floyd)
        Even Canelo, a legitimate middleweight and a couple of inches taller, was at a disadvantge in terms of reach.

Comment

• little lucas quit like a girl and a sissie

Lucas Little matty is the most overhyped farce in boxing and acomplete weak joke. Losses to Devon and Bradley and Danny G and now the Postol Ko prove the litte Luke is a sissie. Keep in mind Marcos maidana beat the quitting Lucas I QUIT 4 times already in Argentina. Lucas is just not very good and has average boxing skills. If Lucas were black he wouldn't even get fights.

Comment

• ?

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
            I kinda disagree. Postal controlled range frequently during the fight, and Matthysse didn't seem to have the experience or skill to figure out how to break Postal's control of range. Postal controlled range almost at will, making Matthysse lunge in and look amateurish.

And how is what you're saying, disagreeing with what I said? LoL. Sounds like we are on the same pages.

Comment

• Postol called out Crawford and I can see this fight getting made next, but it could be a technical stinker, not very fan-friendly. I’d prefer to see Crawford vs. Broner, much more interesting for a laundry list of reasons. Postol's mandatory is Amir Imam, that's who I'd rather see him fight next.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
                Postol called out Crawford and I can see this fight getting made next, but it could be a technical stinker, not very fan-friendly. I’d prefer to see Crawford vs. Broner, much more interesting for a laundry list of reasons. Postol's mandatory is Amir Imam, that's who I'd rather see him fight next.
                Good call actually.

Who's next for Pac ?

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
                  And how is what you're saying, disagreeing with what I said? LoL. Sounds like we are on the same pages.
                  Your argument suggested it was primarily the size difference that determined the outcome. I disagree on that. Having the boxing IQ and experience of controlling range isn't so much about having the size advantage.

Comment

• Lucas gave up quit took his $500000 and gave up

Postol wants American cash because russian rubles are worthless and ***** has destroyed Russia and eastern europe. America should ignore these russian fighters looking for rubles and only accept American and mexican fighters and a few lowly british fighters. Postol is a good kid but is no more thatn like the syrian refugees looking for a home. America has enough trash and low lifes and free loaders and illegals. Postol does earn his keep so keep the Post and eliminate 100,000 mexiican scum bags.

Comment

• This fight only proved that Matthysse is easy to tie up and that Postol is featherfisted/weak chinned.

Postol was giving a long ass whooping to Matthysse over 10 rounds and failed to drop him until the 10th and only due to an eye injury.

If Matthysse was harder to tie up then Postol would have been ko'd. Up until round 7, Matthysse wasn't landing anything and he finally landed like 2 punches and rocked Postol.

Postol knew that Matthysse could have knocked him out if he closed the distance so he died the smart thing and tied him up. But overall Postol prevailed and turned out to be the better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X