Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner: I Should Be The Next Guy To Take Over Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hes taking over boxing by fighting for vacant belts against opponents coming off a loss.

Comment

Nope! You're the last one!

Comment

Khan should fight Broner,to settle the title of "The Next Guy".

Comment

LOL!!! This Guy Is Delusional; Never Beat Anyone Credible

This clown barely beat Mags, many felt Mags won. Then got the crap beat out of him by Maidana, and schooled by Porter. Now he's back to fighting another tomato can, and he'll act gangster and foul mouth after he wins like he did something special. I'd love to see him fight Provodnikov, thinking he'd box Provo to death, then get caught with one of his bombs and stretch Broner out.

Comment

This guy is a legend in his own mind

Comment

Originally posted by theocdog View Post
              Hes taking over boxing by fighting for vacant belts against opponents coming off a loss.
              Haymon boxers only get shots like this, boxing is becoming a circus under this guy

Comment

I think Broner is dealing with identity crisis. He doesn't know who is or wants to be in terms of boxing persona, the Floyd one didn't work too well. I'm not even so sure if he shoulder rolls anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by StrangerInTown View Post
                  Broner's dilemma is not a question of skill but a question of character. His emotional resources are limited and it somehow impairs his abilities when facing the prize fight A List. As the interview suggests, this won't be changing anytime soon.

I disagree about the skills part. He can be a belt holder. probably even lineal at 140 for a bit but his defense sucks, he gets hit way too much and hes got a lot to work on in that regard. I dont think he has the skills to be top 5 p4p. Hes 26 already. When you look at some of the best fighters, floyd, morales for example, you knew they would be special in their early 20s, they already had the skill and ring maturity at that age. When you got guys in the second half of their 20s and even 30s these days still talking about all this improvement theyre going to do, I dont buy it. They can tweak things here and there but theyre not going to be A+ level. Guys like ward, jones, ect. you could see their skills when they were young. These older guys like say GGG and donte wilder, theyre too old to improve dramatically.

Comment

He has little chance of ever being Boxings #1 Fighter or Runner/Holder/love tapper

This guy is an utter joke.

He will make some money. But probably lose to the next decent fighter he gets in the ring with.

Comment

It's sad that to make Canelo 1#, you have to discount a discussion on skills

Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
                      c
                      no he wont take over boxing, if canelo beats cotto, canelo is the guy who is taking over,and nobody bring up skills here. im just talking about popularity
                      Canelo will be exposed soon enough.

He drains down 20 pounds to fight strictly smaller fighters, but soon he'll have a choice to either face a fighter his size (and get KO'd), or vacate out of fear.

That will hurt him somewhat, especially with the audience he needs to take the next step, American fans. He is popular in Mexico, but his American base isn't solid.

Even though his fans will follow him, eventually his body won't let him drain to fight only smaller guys.

It's then he'll be exposed again as the fraud he is.

De La Hoya will have him vacate the MW belt, and cowardly call himself a Jr.MW.

Comment

Working...
                      X