Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come Mayweather vs Hopkins never happened?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fernando montiel vs nicolai valuev

Comment

because Floyds a coward

Comment

Because they were to far apart in weight. Mayweather was fighting mainly at 147 and Hopkins was fighting mainly at 175. That's 28 pounds apart.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
          They trolling you but look Roberto Duran was 5'7 , same as Floyd

Duran fought Sugar Ray Leonard at 147 & fought Hector Camacho at 160
          I know right? Freaking Floyd the duck, ducked MIDDLEWEIGHT when Duran went up to all the way to 168 son. Look at Dwight Muhammad Qawi, he is 5'7", like the coward Juan Manuel Marquez who is clearly ducking Jean Pascal.

Montell Griffin is only 5'7", yet he fought Jones Jr 2x, Toney, 2x, Michalczewski, Tarver, Johnson, JC Gonzalez, Harding, and Shumenov all at 175lbs. Yet Michael Katsidis, 5'7", was shook of going up to even 147lbs.

Finally to end my post of exposing these short little cowards, hiding behind their height, Carmen Basilio was 5' 6", yet he fought both Sugar Ray Robinson and Gene Fullmer twice at 160!!! Son...Manny Pacquiao is 5'6" tooooo!!

Comment

i thought hopkins was a light heavyweight. silly me.

Comment

let's see.

when floyd was 130 champ, hopkins was 160 champ.

when hopkins moved to 175, floyd was at 147.

ts is right.

floyd and hop should have unified the LHW and WW belts.

Comment

how come Holyfield and Pacquiao never fought? Now thats a better question.

Comment

i think hopkins could outweight floyd by 5-10 lbs at fight night and that would be too much to handle.
                  Floyd is a big welterweight but he's a small middleweight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    That's why you gotta give WCW/WWE props though. The promoters weren't afraid to make fights like Rey Mysterio Jr vs The Giant, and Hogan-Andre The Giant. Unlike the cowards in boxing, who will not dare make simple fights like Povetkin-Fortuna.
                    Even Mayweather fought the Giant ..Have to agree boxers are ******* I demand Rigendouex challenge Kovalev !

Comment

Funny thread. Dumb original post, and then you've got a poster talking about "height" divisions.

Comment

Working...
                      X