Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: I Won't KO Rios, He'll Be There For Twelve

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he boxes correctly like Teddy will try to get him to do, he could KO Rios. Only reason Pac didn't KO him was because he stayed curled up in a ball like an unborn baby the whole fight. He won't do that against Bradley, therefore there will be plenty of openings. Tim just has to take advantage of them and catch him clean

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      Rios, Marquez, Bradley, and Floyd all took "Pac Punches". But of course that's without juice. So that's not saying much.

Bradley doesn't need to hit super hard. He just needs to connect with precision. Something he's good at, despite people discounting him.

What gets him is the fact that he can't keep his cool when he's in the trenches. If Atlas drills that into him, Bradley will be nigh unstoppable.

I agree in concept. I watched Canelo/Lara.

But the problem is, knockouts are difficult even when you can connect especially when you're in your 30's. Stoppages wear you down, and Bradley has an issue getting winded in later rounds if he throws too much early on.

Rios isn't the kind of guy to get knocked out by hardly anybody I can think of in the weight classes. Bradley knows that. He's being realistic. I respect that from him.

Not like Pacquiao swearing he'll knock out Floyd because God will "deliver him". He deserved to get beat.

Disputed by professionals. Manny was more aggressive but ineffectually; Bradley was sloppy and uncoordinated. Off balance. Manny was also held to a standard of walking right through Bradley yet couldn't put him away? I thought a SD was the right call, it wasn't like Bradley took a UD. It was close.

Pacquiao/Bradley 1 was Mayweather/Pacquiao without refined skill and balance. Mayweather did the same thing Bradley did with less punches thrown (thus not getting winded) better accuracy and better balance even though he slipped once. Bradley had the equation for beating him. Give him that.

AS with Algieri, Bradley recouped and literally outboxed Provod the second half of the fight. Cleanly. Provod can't handle pure boxers. There was no way to score that as a Ruslan win, all he had was three clear rounds and two swing rounds. Stop judging based on Bradley's face.

This wasn't anywhere near close. It was a boxing lesson. Marquez, a guy who has taken Pacquiao to task four times, was near completely nullified by a guy who has limited power, limited coordination. Don't judge this fight on round 12. Bradley fought this fight the same way Floyd did if not better.

Mauled? Bradley was dominating this guy until the headbutt. There was no "mauling" of any kind. The draw was a joke and everyone who knows boxing knew it.

Vargas was not stopping Bradley in the last seconds of the round. Yeah, I saw Chavez/Taylor, this wasn't it. The ref botched, period. Bradley won almost every round of that fight. Everyone gets caught with a shot they can't see coming - yes, even Floyd has gotten caught in every fight since the Hatton fight by a good shot. It happens. Bradley was still of the mind to keep on the move and stay upright.

The only fair criticism of Timothy Bradley, I believe, comes from having Joel Diaz as his manager. I think that guy was holding back Bradley's potential as a contender. Joel "I'MA STOP IT!" Diaz. I want to see what Atlas can do for Bradley, if Bradley schools Rios we'll know for a fact he's right where he needs to be.
      Well said. I see the light. Just enough power to keep your opponent honest. Just like Floyd applied to manny!

Comment

He's right about that. He's got to use his head and fight smart.

Comment

He got asked a question and answered it honestly. Some people on here are still butthurt over Bradley. The guy gives exciting fights every time out and gets hated on.

Comment

Originally posted by mneronava2k View Post
            Patty cake Bradley giving us the heads up. Bradley has zero power. And his latest run has been pretty qyestionable. Again, Bradley is the luckiest guy in boxing

-gift against manny
            -arguably could have had the Ruslan fight
            -very close fight against Marquez
            -being mauled by Chaves (escaped with a draw)
            -nearly stopped by Vargas(?!) The ref interrupted the fight and saved him.

I don't think Brandon has the IQ to stop Bradley. But, if Bradley is smart he will find his way to win via cards, luck, or ref.

It's insane
            You must be on that good ish man. Bradley got robbed against Chaves, dominated 75% of the fight, threw more and landed more.

He outboxed a master boxer in JMM and almost knocked him to the canvas in the 12th. The only reason it was a SD was because of JMM's legendary status so some closer rounds went to him based on that solely.

He dominated Vargas who had one shining moment in the last 30 seconds of the fight. That fight wasn't close at all.

If Bradley could control his anger in the ring, he'd put on clinics every time out but some people would not like that style. It's his vulnerability that has certain people saying he's "lucky" or "an overachiever" or whatever. Bottom line is he wins his fights and it's not because he is a massive star either, it's because he outworks his opponent and lands telling counter shots.

Comment

I'm a bit confused at this, yes bradley isnt a KO artist and he was honest about it but....as a fighter you should have utmost confidence that you have the ability to stop any fighter on any night. Bradley doesnt have to one shot KO Rios but he could batter him with combos and get a stoppage on cuts/swelling. Bradley showing a lack of confidence admitting this? I believe so.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                I'm a bit confused at this, yes bradley isnt a KO artist and he was honest about it but....as a fighter you should have utmost confidence that you have the ability to stop any fighter on any night. Bradley doesnt have to one shot KO Rios but he could batter him with combos and get a stoppage on cuts/swelling. Bradley showing a lack of confidence admitting this? I believe so.
                Have you even WATCHED Bradley's fights? He can't keep up a high work rate, he gets winded too easy. He knows that.

Damn, the man can't win for losing.

- He says "I'ma get a knockout" - fails

Casuals: "He lied doe"/"He's too weak"/"feather fisted"

- He says "I won't get a knockout, I know that, it's going the distance"

Casuals: "He ain't confident doe"

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Have you even WATCHED Bradley's fights? He can't keep up a high work rate, he gets winded too easy. He knows that.

Damn, the man can't win for losing.

- He says "I'ma get a knockout" - fails

Casuals: "He lied doe"/"He's too weak"/"feather fisted"

- He says "I won't get a knockout, I know that, it's going the distance"

Casuals: "He ain't confident doe"

Yes, Ive watched bradley fights sir. The thing is fighters never admit these type of things. This would be like amir khan saying "Im not fighting anymore power punchers my chin isnt good enough"

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Yes, Ive watched bradley fights sir. The thing is fighters never admit these type of things. This would be like amir khan saying "Im not fighting anymore power punchers my chin isnt good enough"
                    No, it's not even the same thing. Not even remotely. Bad analogy. What you're talking about is what Ruslan did after getting outboxed.

A BETTER analogy would be Khan saying, "If I faced Manny Pacquiao, going for a knockout would not be a good idea. I'd have to beat him like Floyd did."

Because that's fact. Even if it weren't Khan saying it. Bradley failed, Algieri failed, Floyd failed. If none of them could even knock Pacquiao down, there's no realism in thinking Khan could do the same. The only answer is to win the fight with your strengths, and Khan's speed is a strength that he'd have to focus on.

Bradley is faster than Rios, both on feet and arms, and that's what he needs to do. He knows that. Bradley's not a knockout fighter. He knows it, the fans know it, and he's come to terms with it. Respect the man.

Guys like
                    Ruslan "Stand and fight until we drop" Provod,
                    Manny "if he'd stood still I could have hit him" Pac,
                    Robert "All he did was RUN!" Guerrero,

Don't deserve your respect.

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                      Hell no, because thats Rios's talent, getting punched. Punching bags always just hang around, no matter how hard you hit them, but people on this site think of it as True Talent, to be able to take a punch.
                      Thank you, finally.

It's like if they can train for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X