Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which boxer did the most damage to Mayweather? His physically toughest fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
    Cotto and Maidana.
    And Castillo. First fight. Cotto got some solid shots in, as did maidana. Maidana hit him all over the place.

Comment

It'd have to be Augustus, Mayweather hit him with everything and Augustus continued to come forward.

Comment

Physically probably Augustus. Fight wasn't close but Augustus was landing shots and doing damage, and Floyd was pretty tired by the end aswell.

Maidana 1 was gruelling and tough.

Comment

Where is Jesus chavez on that list? Do people even watch his earlier fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
            That dude was weird , so unorthodox , fighters are schooled and trained to patterns taught in boxing for a century then comes Augustis and does everything ass about .
            The unique part is that while everyone is busy trying to take Mayweather's head off, Augustus was content with just touching Mayweather wherever he could. It's too bad no one looked to study that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              Where is Jesus chavez on that list? Do people even watch his earlier fights?
              Just select "other."

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                The unique part is that while everyone is busy trying to take Mayweather's head off, Augustus was content with just touching Mayweather wherever he could. It's too bad no one looked to study that fight.
                I think Floyd's first lay off + Not being in the best shape at 134 played a part in it.

Comment

Corley probably did more damage than most did in 12 in those first 4 rounds. Atleast to his brain. Cotto I'd put second.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                    Cotto - for sure. Cotto has bone crunching power, he damages people win or lose. Trout is an anomaly in what has been a career made up of causing serious damage to his opponents. I still remember him dislocating Branco's shoulder with a punch to the arm.

Floyd looked weary at the end, for Floyd. Cotto landed quite a few clean left hands to body and head, I personally can read body language pretty well, and Floyd looked like he was in physical pain after the fight and at the press conference.

I would give Augustus and Maidana a close 2nd and 3rd.

Comment

Both Castillo and Madaina beat the crap out of him but Floyd took the Madaina beating at an older age so I have to go with Madaina

Comment

Working...
                      X