No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Boxer of the Month for September 2015

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    True, but you have defined "major fight" as a criteria in the past. You have never left off a "major fight" when its been the most watched, so why would you leave off the most watched fight this month?
    The world title fights the smaller fighters are in ARE major fights in other countries. Boxingscene is an international website.

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    There is no reason to have left deontay off. you included him in the past when he fought worse opponents. when others have fought opponents that didn't meet the "quality opposition" standard you raised earlier in the thread, you included them if they were in "major fights".
    If wasn't just that his opponent was a limited journeyman, it's that in all honesty, Deontay wasn't impressive.

Pianeta and Teper beat Duhaupas without having swollen eyes and a bruised face afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair! View Post
      Wilder and Joshua should have been choices
      Joshua fought an opponent who had never faced a top two hundred ranked opponent in his 20 something fight career ! This is a joke right ?

Wilder, ok he had a great performance against an exceptionally standard opponent, I give him kudos for stopping him, he showed heart, determination and grit. But was he ever really in danger ? I hope the injury does not become a regular occurrence in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        The world title fights the smaller fighters are in ARE major fights in other countries. Boxingscene is an international website.

If wasn't just that his opponent was a limited journeyman, it's that in all honesty, Deontay wasn't impressive.

Pianeta and Teper beat Duhaupas without having swollen eyes and a bruised face afterwards.
        wilder/duahapas was the most watched and biggest in fight in the #1 country for the sport.

wilder goes to the countries those guys fought to fight duhapas, that fight still does big numbers. if those guys come here, the fight is still a regional minor fight.

come on tunney, any way you cut it wilder should've been a choice for FOTM.

Comment

gotta be jack since he actually beat a live dog
          Last edited by ////; 10-01-2015, 01:25 PM.

Comment

the same guys who use pianeta as the butt end of klitschko/eurobum jokes are suddenly pretending duhuapas (a washed up sack of potatoes who lost to pianeta and fights like he had his knees removed) is a major victory

this is why i find it very difficult to cheer for american boxers anymore honestly, it's like cheering for someone who gets free government handouts

Wilder is a "pity champion"
            Last edited by ////; 10-01-2015, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
              Okay, I concede.

It was the biggest HW fight of modern times. Duhaupas is a highly-skilled slick boxer and very hard puncher, truly one of the greatest heavyweights of the modern era. Wilder should be Boxer of the Month for beating this fearsome and powerful opponent. Duhaupas strikes fear into the hearts of lesser men like Klitschko and Fury, but the courageous Deontay wasn't afraid, he stepped into the ring and stopped this seemingly invincible foe in round 11!

I was wrong, I should have had Wilder in the poll for defeating this extraordinarily dangerous opponent, because he would have surely won!

Happy now, Big Dunn?
              Wilder beating duhapas doesn't make him boxer of the month.

You should have put him in the poll because putting him in would have been consistent with what you do any other time a name, fighting in the most watched fight of the month, defeats non quality opposition.

Wilder was defending a HWT title belt against duahapas, drawing almost 2.5 mil viewers, he meets the criteria you established.

All the other stuff you wrote is deflecting from your own inconsistent application of your own criteria.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-01-2015, 02:36 PM.

Comment

You people are too hyper critical here. There's only 10 spots on the poll so you can't include everyone that fought in the respective month.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  You people are too hyper critical here. There's only 10 spots on the poll so you can't include everyone that fought in the respective month.
                  when you omit an obvious choice, you should expect criticism, especially from posters that like and respect the FOTM threads.

Comment

why is wilder not on the list??

thats who gets my vote,biased thread

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      Yes, it was the final fight of boxing's biggest star. Whether you like him or not he is the biggest attraction, was universally ranked as the p4p best. Compared to the other fights in September it was by far the biggest.
                      but was Mayweather boxer of the month for beating Berto? Heck, no one even gave a **** about that fight outside of some on this forum.

For me, I voted McDonnell but Estrada or Jack could easily have gotten the vote.

Comment

Working...
                      X