Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Lucas "The Machine" Matthysse (37-3, 34 KO) has big plans, but he has a huge test in front of him this Saturday. The slugging Argentine faces Viktor "Iceman" Postol (27-0, 11 KO) at the StubHub Center in Carson, California, in what could be a compelling contrast of styles. The vacant WBC world super lightweight title will be on the line as each man looks to win his first legitimate world championship.

When: Saturday, October 3, at 10:00 p.m. ET (2AM start on BoxNation)

Where: StubHub Center in Carson, California

TV: HBO/Box Nation (subscription required)

Weigh In:

Gloves:

Purses:

Fight Night Weights
    Matthysse: 154.5 lbs
    Postol: 148 lbs

Lucas Matthysse KO/TKO
    54.76%
    Lucas Matthysse UD/SD/MD
    16.67%
    Viktor Postol KO/TKO
    5.95%
    Viktor Postol UD/SD/MD
    20.24%
    Draw
    0.00%
    Robbery
    2.38%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by SalimShady1212; 10-03-2015, 09:12 PM.

Rooting for Matthysse in this one.

Soto vs Orozco is going to be a good one too. Soto is deep in the game but is still a solid boxer and Orozco will be tested by a veteran. With Orozco's fighting style they'll probably look to knock the old man out.

Soto's had fights canceled recently and one was a world title shot so I'm sure he's hungry to get back in the ring.

Comment

WAR MATTHYSSE!!!! I got Lucas stopping Postol late, around the 9th-10th.

Comment

Always great when we get fights for free that are better than most of the PPVs being put out nowadays. Lucas is my favorite active fighter, hope he pulls it out. Soto vs Orozco is an excellent appetizer bout.

Comment

vamos la maquina!!!!

Comment

Postol late TKO.

Comment

Postol looks like an excellent boxer but I picked Lucas to win by KO like I always do. He is a favorite of mine and he usually gets the KO. Lucas is a good boxer and a fast accurate and powerful combination puncher. He has a high work rate of quality punches.

Comment

Joe Habeeb at ThaBoxingvoice, and Richard Dwyer are picking Postol to win easy.

Personally I think big fight experience will be the main factor here. Also anybody else think Roach is not the trainer to have for Postol in this fight?

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
                  Joe Habeeb at ThaBoxingvoice, and Richard Dwyer are picking Postol to win easy.

Personally I think big fight experience will be the main factor here. Also anybody else think Roach is not the trainer to have for Postol in this fight?
                  Well, they're going to be eating crow soon.

Comment

Matthysse will struggle in the early round. Postol will do a good job using his reach advantage and boxing skills....but Matthysse will start to catch him in the middle rounds and knock him out in brutal fashion. Matthysse by KO round 8.

Comment

Working...
                    X