No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    So when Mayweather says "health first" you are cool with it but when someone else wants to look out for their health, they are a "bitch"? Cool, got it.
    Say what you want about Mayweather, he never quit on his knees fully coherent.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Say what you want about Mayweather, he never quit on his knees fully coherent.
      Postol yesterday used Everlast MX gloves. The same gloves that Maidana wanted to use and Mayweather didn't let him.

"Fully coward".

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
        Fair tactics by Postol right? breaking an opponent's eye with a headbutt

It was accidental but this changed the fight, Lucas was punishing him till this happened and he lost his head. He said it really hurt and it was the same place the KO punch landed. He had a mark on That side of his face after that headbutt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
          It was accidental but this changed the fight, Lucas was punishing him till this happened and he lost his head. He said it really hurt and it was the same place the KO punch landed. He had a mark on That side of his face after that headbutt.

I remember seeing this happen and I noticed that it visibly shook him up.

Same kind of thing happened to Alexander Gustafsson when he fought Anthony Johnson.

Sucks that some random shít like that can determine the outcome of a fight, but that's a risk every fighter takes.
          Last edited by Contra; 10-05-2015, 06:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
            Postol boxed Mathysse's ears off, he weathered the power shots (which were few and far in between), was shifting gears fluently, throwing combinations and keeping Matthysse guessing throughout the fight. I was expecting Postol to slow down a bit in the second half but he actually picked up the pace. The KO in the 10th was the cherry on top (no pun intended). Overall great win for Postol that should catapult him up the rankings.

I can see Matthysse retiring after a loss like this, he was truly beaten. It sucks that he will most likely never win a full world title, and it sucks even more when you consider a clown like Broner just beat another B-class no hoper to claim his fourth, well that's the politics of boxing for you.
            Dude, its not about politics, its about ability. Matthysse just isn't that good. He hits hard, but if he doesn't get a KO win he has a hard time winning.

He isn't better than Broner and Broner isn't much.

It doesn't suck that he might never win a world title. He doesn't deserve one just because NSB likes his power.

Comment

• Originally posted by Contra View Post
              I remember seeing this happen and I noticed that it visibly shook him up.

Same kind of thing happened to Alexander Gustafsson when he fought Anthony Johnson.

Sucks that some random shít like that can determine the outcome of a fight, but that's a risk every fighter takes.
              Yeah always happens at such unfortunate times

Comment

• Damn! Finally got a chance to catch the fight. As a Matthysse fan, I'm bummed. I really wanted to see that guy win a world title. I'd say that he deserves one, but we all know that in combat sports you only deserve a belt if you actually win one. This is the first time I've seen Postol fight though, and I'm pretty impressed. He boxes well, throws a high volume, and really knows how to utilize that reach. Not to mentioned, it looked like there were a few moments where he stood there and was willing to trade shots with Matthysse, that I admire. I can definitely see why a lot of people at 140, and maybe even 147, are avoiding this guy. With that said, I see what some people are saying about the head butt. It was accidental, but it looked like it really benefitted Postol, not that he wasn't already winning the fight or anything. I thought that Matthysse was stating to gain some momentum in the 6th, and early in the 7th. But whatever momentum he gained was lost in that moment, and Postol jumped on him (as he should). I thought that, for a moment, Lucas even looked a little reckless and desperate. Good **** from Postol though, it's tough enough to beat a guy like Lucas, but to stop him is damn impressive.

Now, with all that said, where does Matthysse go from here? He's 33, so he's not exactly a spring chicken, and he doesn't have the most risk averse style out there. I mean, he isn't Maidana or Provodnikov, but he's not exactly a defensive wizard either.

Comment

• Can't imagine how many threads there would be if Lucas lost to Ruslan. On Saturday we learn that Lucas is not number 1 and Postol is very good however that doesn't make Matthysse bad by any means. He's top 5 at worst

Comment

• Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                    Can't imagine how many threads there would be if Lucas lost to Ruslan. On Saturday we learn that Lucas is not number 1 and Postol is very good however that doesn't make Matthysse bad by any means. He's top 5 at worst
                    I've come to accept that that's just the nature of NSB. Fighter X loses and you get a ton of "Fighter X is a bum!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!" threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
                      I've come to accept that that's just the nature of NSB. Fighter X loses and you get a ton of "Fighter X is a bum!!!! I TOLD YOU SO!!" threads.
                      Yeah buddy, that's why I respect MMA so much. They respect good fighters even if they lose and they continue to move forward and fight on

Comment

Working...
                      X