No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
    Matthysse should consider retirement, he looks shot. He wasn't really that great to begin with but he's really declined after the Garcia fight.

He's a brawler but can no longer take a punch, taking way too much punishment.
    Doesnt even take that much punishment, just lower treshold for adversity

You think Maidana JMM Salido etc dont get up from that?

He wasnt all that hurt. Just discouraged

Comment

• Lucas needs a new trainer, like Robert Garcia

Comment

• Lucas is gonna retire after this. Wow.

I knew Postol was good, but he is insanely skilled. I think he schools Crawford.
        His body shots + the later combos are CRAZY

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
          No, he got close all night but he did nothing. He allowed himself to get tied up and he didn't work the body hardly at all while inside.
          He was afraid to get knocked out close. The jab by Postol worked wonders, it really took everything away from Lucas and when he got close he was also worried. Postol has more power than his record says, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
            Matthysse should consider retirement, he looks shot. He wasn't really that great to begin with but he's really declined after the Garcia fight.

He's a brawler but can no longer take a punch, taking way too much punishment.
            Jesus, you guys are brutal. Calling for his retirement, that he's shot now.

Comment

• As I said, Lucas's only chance was to take him out early.

Fight goes long = Viktor wins.

You guys been sleeping on the Iceman, very awkward fighter but with nice movement and skills. If the guy had proper bone-crunching stopping power he'd be completely dominant.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
                LMAO Matthysse was nut hugged so tough on this site. Look @ him now, what a fall from NSB grace. Postol looked great. Can't wait to see his next fight.
                are you blind? the first 8 rounds were some of the worst sh-it ever. he clinched nonstop. he looked great? what in the hell were you watching. just the last 2 roudns when matthysse gave up? you can't wait to watch him clinch nonstop again? seriously?

Comment

• Hopefully Khan gets Manny now

Comment

• I love the smug, "whatever" look on Victor's face. No, giddy kid stuff. Just wrapping up a day's work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      i'm truly devastated, don't know what happened
                      Pretty easy to tell what happen. Postol has a better corner. Matthysse didnt know WTF to do with the shty clinch strategy and the dumbasses he has for a corner sat there with a thumb up their ass. Too bad because his career is now over and well, we just saw what Postol has to offer, which I at least find as boring as the other Clinchkos of the boxing world.

Comment

Working...
                      X