No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
    hate? did i ever post as fervently as _king??
    In fairness you were rather mild.

I picked lucas to lose based on my evaluation of him and no other reasons.

It wasn't hating him. It wasn't about an agenda. It's just that I think he is a cut below a fighter like postol.

Just wanted that for the record.

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
      how is losing to postol somehow a grade on how good matthysse is?

ignore the forum fanboys and checkout the youtube pre-fight predictions, most people had it 50/50 and a lot picked postol to win

just because people picked lucas by KO doesn't mean ****, that's how he wins most of his fights, that's what he does best, saying someone is gonna win by KO doesn't automatically mean that they're saying the opponent is ****
      Respectfully, I am not talking about what prediction was made, I am talking about the reaction to me picking postol to win.

I think it is a reflection on matthysse-i think he can really only win by ko. If he can't apply his power he has about a 50% or less chance to win a fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        In fairness you were rather mild.

I picked lucas to lose based on my evaluation of him and no other reasons.

It wasn't hating him. It wasn't about an agenda. It's just that I think he is a cut below a fighter like postol.

Just wanted that for the record.
        he was resigned i knew it was gonna be tough, but didn't expected this, lucas gave up, quit. fuck it, i'm still a fan but he did. he was resigned, and frustrated. i really don't see him boxing again. neither chino

Comment

• Originally posted by John Locke View Post
          lol it's unbelievable how all these titles are being handed out for fun and a quality fighter like Matthysse hasn't managed to get his hand on one. Look at the guy Broner fought for a title tonight ffs...
          Doesn't that say a lot about Matthysse? That in a world of 5 titles per weight class, he's never won more than an interim title?

That's not unbelievable. That's an indictment.

Comment

• I had it half right, KO tenth. But the half I had wrong is all that mattered.
            Postol won instead of Lucas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
              he was resigned i knew it was gonna be tough, but didn't expected this, lucas gave up, quit. fuck it, i'm still a fan but he did. he was resigned, and frustrated. i really don't see him boxing again. neither chino
              I never thought he had much of a chnace against a guy like postol. He can't deal with a jab and can't prevent getting hit.

Not arecipe for success at the upper levels of this sport.

He can make great brawls with the provos and Rios' of the world, and he did kill petersen. His power makes him dangerous to a clown like broner.

But a good boxer will just stretch the fight out with the jab and wait until lucas is tired and arm weary. He ain't built for rounds 10-12.

Comment

• Lucas has always been a CHUMP.... CHUMP!!!!! And sooooo have his most loyal fans. I absolutely knew without a shadow of a doubt he'd lose this fight ... Choke artist!!!! Can't seal the deal!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                  Doesn't that say a lot about Matthysse? That in a world of 5 titles per weight class, he's never won more than an interim title?

That's not unbelievable. That's an indictment.
                  Well he's lost a fight, now maybe he can get one like Broner and fight a guy who hasn't fought in a year in a half... step 2

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    I never thought he had much of a chnace against a guy like postol. He can't deal with a jab and can't prevent getting hit.

Not arecipe for success at the upper levels of this sport.

He can make great brawls with the provos and Rios' of the world, and he did kill petersen. His power makes him dangerous to a clown like broner.

But a good boxer will just stretch the fight out with the jab and wait until lucas is tired and arm weary. He ain't built for rounds 10-12.
                    I have been corrected. I lost 300 USD. I thought he had the ability to walk past a good jab. Postol corrected me.

Now I am wondering about cotto vs canelo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                      Well he's lost a fight, now maybe he can get one like Broner and fight a guy who hasn't fought in a year in a half... step 2
                      Buddy this was Postol's 2nd fight in a year and a half. His other fight was an 8 rounder vs. the #331 ranked WW in the world. Just stop.

Comment

Working...
                      X