Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol Fight Prediction/Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Postol may be too cute and clever to be stopped. I think he will win his share of rounds also.
    I'll go with Lucas on points though.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Some people still have it in their mind that Matthysse is hype, he can be outboxed etc, while some others are just hoping that is the case.

Truth is nobody "out-boxed" Matthysse, Garcia won a close fight by slugging it out with him. Credit to Garcia, he took a lot of punishment that night that most fighters couldn't take and I don't think Postol is going to take it either.
      he has been outboxed 3 times by boxers who I am not sure box as well as Postol, not that he is the same exact fighter he was in those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        he has been outboxed 3 times by boxers who I am not sure box as well as Postol, not that he is the same exact fighter he was in those fights.
        2 robberies and the Garcia fight, where Garcia went toe to toe in a slugfest.

You're entitled to your opinion, let's just see how it goes against Postol.

Comment

Some people still have it in their mind that Matthysse is hype, he can be outboxed etc, while some others are just hoping that is the case.

Truth is nobody "out-boxed" Matthysse, Garcia won a close fight by slugging it out with him. Credit to Garcia, he took a lot of punishment that night that most fighters couldn't take and I don't think Postol is going to take it either.
          Hype? sigh.

How did Bradley handle Ruslan's brute shots? How did Matthysse handle Ruslan's brute shots? Matthysse ate those and still stayed in the pocket and boxed!! Where is the credit where it's due? Molina Jr. was how much taller than Matthysse? Juice wore out, Lucas went on to finish.

Look at Postol vs Aydin. Aydin is a horrible boxer, dude just swings overhand rights like Rios, but at least Rios fancies a jab. In the 1st Round Aydin clocked Postol and dude lost balance. Wait until Lucas hands Postol his power meter. I haven't seen anything in Postol that suggests me he's going to beat Lucas. Lucas can neutralize a jab and pocket distance. Lucas imo has the better IQ. Lucas WANTS that title. I can be wrong of course, anything can happen, but to just say Postol is going to outbox and use his jab because ''he's taller and quicker'' like other betting experts claim is ridiculous.

Comment

you mean twice starting way too slow because he couldn't figure out the opponent then rallying late but losing on the cards, and his weak defense, which cost him the danny fight and caused him to take way too much punishment against ruslan that made the fight closer than it should've been.

Some point weeblerI you have to be able to judge the strengths and the weaknesses of a fighter you like, not just pull out the robbery card.

Comment

I apologize Weebler. I agree with you. I had replied thinking that you were against Matthysse. Danny Garcia in that bout thought it sneaky to hit Lucas in the nuts twice if I recall. Plus if I recall Lucas was pressuring Garcia. I gotta see that fight again. BUT, the fact that Lucas lost UD against Garcia is just suspect, especially considering this:

(Garcia) 51 of 263 19% Jabs
              174 of 361 48% Power
              225 of 624 36% Total

(Matthysse) 53 of 220 24% Jabs
              153 of 346 44% Power
              206 of 566 36% Total

115-113 or 114-114 AT LEAST once from a judge should IDEALLY been made. Oscar just might have been on that yayo at that time...

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
                I think it's quite clever how they came up with "Not With Al"

Comment

i still can't believe people think lucas was outboxed by judah and alexander, especially alexander

Comment

I agree there. He should be awarded the win in those fights with Judah and Devon.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X