No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Alcine, Harrison-McCalla on 10/31, PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Seems like a alright keep busy level fight. Charlo will have 7mos w/o a fight by fight night. Better to keep busy vs a decent guy than to keep waiting for a better guy. And Alcine is a solid guy. The fact that he has a respectable W over Lemeiux is a solid selling point for this fight now that Lemeiux has a big PPV fight.

The Harrison vs McCalla fight seems like a solid fight. Couple guys coming off some L's being matched up on the undercard is something you seem to see in the UFC more than boxing, but I believe its a underutilized matchmaking strategy for promoters.
    That's really the only reason this fight is happening. It's a not-so subtle way of undermining GGG's opponent. Keep track of how many times they mention Lemieux during the broadcast. "Well Alcine just got totally blown out by Charlo, and he beat Lemieux who is now fighting on a PPV card. Therefore is a a very impressive win for Charlo"... Or some bull**** along those lines. Also pay attention to the amount of times they mention Alcine's 5 fight losing streak, I'm going to say they won't bring this up, or his recent draw to Delvin Rodriguez.

It's cheap promoting. The funny thing is these matches have a funny way of blowing up in your face. Last year, Haymon and GBP, tried to pull this off last year with Garcia vs. Herrera. This was around the time where Provodnikov was the WBO Champ, they tried to "undermine" Provodnikov but bringing in Herrera as a sacrificial lamb for Danny and the result was Danny got exposed, his reputation took an almost irreparable hit from the fans, and it totally blew up in their face.

I'll laugh if Alcine somehow pulls off the upset. It's very unlikely though.

Comment

i may have complained about pbc in the past but this is damn good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post
        That's really the only reason this fight is happening. It's a not-so subtle way of undermining GGG's opponent. Keep track of how many times they mention Lemieux during the broadcast. "Well Alcine just got totally blown out by Charlo, and he beat Lemieux who is now fighting on a PPV card. Therefore is a a very impressive win for Charlo"... Or some bull**** along those lines. Also pay attention to the amount of times they mention Alcine's 5 fight losing streak, I'm going to say they won't bring this up, or his recent draw to Delvin Rodriguez.

It's cheap promoting. The funny thing is these matches have a funny way of blowing up in your face. Last year, Haymon and GBP, tried to pull this off last year with Garcia vs. Herrera. This was around the time where Provodnikov was the WBO Champ, they tried to "undermine" Provodnikov but bringing in Herrera as a sacrificial lamb for Danny and the result was Danny got exposed, his reputation took an almost irreparable hit from the fans, and it totally blew up in their face.

I'll laugh if Alcine somehow pulls off the upset. It's very unlikely though.
        PBC actually does this quite a bit. Like the Julian Williams fight with the Cuello-Canelo angle and the Marcus Browne-Gabriel Campillo bs.
        "He beat him faster than Beterbiev".
        Yo PBC, you wanna know who's better? Than match them up, see how willing you are to do that.

Comment

Working...
        X