No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo-Alcine, Harrison-McCalla on 10/31, PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
    You should either watch the fight or learn the definition of 'dominate'.
    Dominated bro lemiux won 2-3 rounds. Embarrassing

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Dominated bro lemiux won 2-3 rounds. Embarrassing
      112-116, 112-116, 114-114. Again either watch the fight or learn the definition of dominate. It was close and could've went either way.

Lemieux was 22 years old and coming off his first loss to Rubio 3 months earlier, he was rushed into the fight against Alcine who 4 years ago when the fight happened had a lot more left that he does today. Know what Andre Ward was doing at 22 years old? Falling face first to the canvas courtesy of Darnell Boone.

Comment

I'm almost positive he fights for the WBC after this bout. Hopefully J-Rock and Austin can scrap it out for the WBA belt.

Comment

I used to really like Alcine, but he is unacceptable competition for world class fighters these days and has been for awhile and he hasn't had any type of fight in a year and a half. They can do better.

Comment

Awful fight

Comment

It's on Halloween night so therefore could careless I wasn't going to watch it anyway actually better they don't put anything worthwhile on it'll get terrible ratings and should.

Comment

Horrible fight that makes absolutely no sense at all. If you're gunning for a WBC title shot, then go for it right now. Don't waste your time with guys like Alcine.

A fight with John Jackson has to happen afterwards.

Comment

Seems like a alright keep busy level fight. Charlo will have 7mos w/o a fight by fight night. Better to keep busy vs a decent guy than to keep waiting for a better guy. And Alcine is a solid guy. The fact that he has a respectable W over Lemeiux is a solid selling point for this fight now that Lemeiux has a big PPV fight.

The Harrison vs McCalla fight seems like a solid fight. Couple guys coming off some L's being matched up on the undercard is something you seem to see in the UFC more than boxing, but I believe its a underutilized matchmaking strategy for promoters.

Comment

Also noticing this is Jesse James Leija promoted show. Anyone know if this is his first PBC show or if he's new to the PBC fold? Regardless I like the PBC fold working with more promising & notable promoters.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      I'm almost positive he fights for the WBC after this bout. Hopefully J-Rock and Austin can scrap it out for the WBA belt.
                      Isn't Lara WBA Regular champ?

Comment

Working...
                      X