Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is GGG so beloved by mexican? why is he market to them? a new hope to beat cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
    Yes I've looked at it, he's fought all over the world he's fighting 3-4 times a year even at this stage of his career.
    GGG is doing it the hard way he isn't being gifted like guys such as Ward were with that tournament the fact Ward was the only one to not travel to other countries and the fact he came from a rich background.
    GGG comes from a poor country a poor area, Ward doesn't he's had everything his own way but it doesn't matter how many sad people try to keep him down he's arguably the best guy in boxing to watch.
    Yada yada yada and more of the same. 33 yrs old and not even one quality opponent and no concrete plan to fight one

Comment

I would think any NSB poster of Mexican heritage would be offended at HBO for the way they market GGG and at ESPN/Showtime for the way they allow announcers to say "Mexican style" repeatedly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I would think any NSB poster of Mexican heritage would be offended at HBO for the way they market GGG and at ESPN/Showtime for the way they allow announcers to say "Mexican style" repeatedly.
        Why would one be offended by that? Boxing is all about marketing , it's the same reason Floyd fights strictly on Mexican Holidays and why they play the Mexican National anthem during a big fight even if neither fighter is from that country.

"Mexican style" is simply that, a style of fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
          Why would one be offended by that? Boxing is all about marketing , it's the same reason Floyd fights strictly on Mexican Holidays and why they play the Mexican National anthem during a big fight even if neither fighter is from that country.

"Mexican style" is simply that, a style of fighting.
          I think its kind of stereotyping. do all Mexicans fight the same way? Just my opinion, not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            I think its kind of stereotyping. do all Mexicans fight the same way? Just my opinion, not a big deal.
            It was a big enough deal for you to think that someone of Mexican descent should be offended.

Comment

GGG has a very diverse fanbase because of his boxing style and his willingness to play to the crowd during his ringwalk and interviews. He doesn't act all stuck up and arrogant so he is viewed as an approchable guy enjoying what he does and doesn't need to act tough or talk trash. Basically a guy that knows what he has and doesn't need to make a commotion. And as far as Mexican Style it's done more as an appreciation of the great Mexican boxers that looked to entertain and press for the KO if available which has become more rare nowadays among top established boxers today who look to secure the W.

Comment

didnt lara throw on some mexico trunks and a mexican hat thing for support from them in a recent fight>>>?

but for some reason they never cared ,,only when ggg does it

Comment

is this a peasantcrusha's alt

Comment

He bangs like most Mexican bang bro. So he started using the Mexican style **** and he's trained by a Mexican (American) too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pasión Boricua
                      just like the mayweather fight?? jajajajajajaja

Canela has no stanima and es slow feet.
                      Cotto lost to Trout.
                      Canelo beat Lara.

That pretty much gives me a good idea who I think will take this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X