No announcement yet.

160-Weakest in boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2shameless View Post
    Well lil Kev tried to dismiss a bunch of hugely accomplished MW AMs by claiming that only Olympic medals count. But yeah tons of AMs don't pan out as pros, Olympic or otherwise. When that didn't work he came up with division KO %s to determine "strong" or "weak" divisions. When that didn't work he started calling everyone dyslexic or stupid. Kids these days.

Anyway MW is obviously not the weakest division in boxing and it's only going to get stronger over the next year or two. I expect JMWs like Lara and Andrade to move up and there are some promising prospects that continue to improve.
    For sure, there's a lot of action coming up at mw. Excellent prospects, top SWWs moving up, problem is one guy is untouchable. Will really pick up once Ggg moves up, but he might as well get what's his first

Comment

I wouldn't say it is the weakest, HW is probably comparable to the MW division at the moment. Problem is GGG and Wlad are so far ahead to the rest it makes the division look weak.

Comment

I don't know about weakest, but it's up there.

It's very, very, very poor.

Comment

Kev tried hard to spread ******ation sprinkles over this thread.

Comment

Weakest division? Why? Because a "slick" "brutha" isn't at the top and a "white boi" is?

Nice race bait thread, 160 is a strong division in which Triple G rules, now if you said the heavyweight division I might have agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              I wouldn't say it is the weakest, HW is probably comparable to the MW division at the moment. Problem is GGG and Wlad are so far ahead to the rest it makes the division look weak.
              ^^^
              This!

Comment

If the 155lb and 160lb divisions would merge, they'll have some good fights.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's the weakest. There are some good fighters at 160, and some good fight so be made.
                  The Golovkin Vs Limieux winner facing the Cotto Vs Canelo winner is about the best boxing is serving up right now.

One way or another though, i think we will see fights being made over the next 12 months.

The division above and below are possibly weaker. After DeGale Vs Jack, there's not many fights at 168. Ward is well ahead of the pack, just as GGG is at 160.

154 has Alvarez if he stays there. Then Lara. 2 Guys who have already fought.

HW and CW aren't brimming in quality either. Then there is the lower divisions.
                  Even the likes of 135, 130 run dry after you go down past the top guys.

Comment

BUMP

Add Murray to the list. Lil g's best career win couldn't even handle an old Arthur Abraham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                      BUMP

Add Murray to the list. Lil g's best career win couldn't even handle an old Arthur Abraham.
                      That's really dumb. A MW contender gets destroyed, moves up and goes life and death with Ring #1 SMW. So the lesson is, SMW sucks

Comment

Working...
                      X