Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    It's very good insofar there's few guys in boxing that trampled over 6 Ring top 10 contenders in under 3 years, and about fight 7th. It's not a p4p resume, agreed.

And look, Calzaghe's best win is probably Kessler, who had a thinner resume. So it just can't be crap, right?
    He beat 6 Ring Top 10 guys in one of the worst divisons in Boxing.

His best 5 wins are Geale, Macklin, Murray, and then after that I'm not sure. Stevens? Rubio? Rosado?

That ain't a very good resume by any stretch of the imagination.

What's impressive is the way he's dismantled most of them in first gear. But the resume is still pretty damn bad really.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      better than MW yes... plus you will have the factor that GGGs power could not be the same at 168, this we wont know until he fights those guys you mentioned... but i get it, ggg wants the canelo fight before he jumps up and that is understandable, if he can get the lee-saunders winner and then fight canelo for all the marbles next year, then win or lose he wont have anymore challenges at 160...
      His power will be the same, it is simply that the fighters at SMW may be able to handle it better. But from the information that comes out of his training camps, I doubt they would handle the power he has at 160 any better than middleweights do. Now if he actually gains power at 168, then all bets are off!

He doesn't have a crap resume, just not good enough for his p4p standing. His win ledger is better than Kessler's when he fought Ward, or when he defeated Froch. In fact very few fighters have faced 7 ring ranked divisional opponents in the past 3 years.
      Golovkin's resume is better than Ward's resume up to the point he fought in the Super Six. Before and after the Super Six, Ward's resume is crap. A drained Dawson counts for nothing, Rodriguez was a joke and Smith actually should count against Ward and remove points from his resume. Well unless people think Shelby Pudwill was championship material. Or Pooh Bear Buchanan. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        He beat 6 Ring Top 10 guys in one of the worst divisons in Boxing.

His best 5 wins are Geale, Macklin, Murray, and then after that I'm not sure. Stevens? Rubio? Rosado?

That ain't a very good resume by any stretch of the imagination.

What's impressive is the way he's dismantled most of them in first gear. But the resume is still pretty damn bad really.
        Very good is relative of course. If ATGs are your reference point, then it's pretty damn bad. But by those standards Ward has a bad resume. In current boxing his resume is better than 90% of all top tenners, and better than most active titlists.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
          Golovkin's resume is better than Ward's resume up to the point he fought in the Super Six. Before and after the Super Six, Ward's resume is crap. A drained Dawson counts for nothing, Rodriguez was a joke and Smith actually should count against Ward and remove points from his resume. Well unless people think Shelby Pudwill was championship material. Or Pooh Bear Buchanan. LOL
          Well yeah, but Ward was a prospect at that point so that's not saying much. What's more telling is his resume is better than Kessler's for example, when Calzaghe and Ward beat him, and when he beat Froch. Nobody was saying Kessler's got a worse than crap resume then.

Comment

Best wins are Martin Murray and Daniel Geale = a very good resume?

Comment

Very good is relative of course. If ATGs are your reference point, then it's pretty damn bad. But by those standards Ward has a bad resume. In current boxing his resume is better than 90% of all top tenners, and better than most active titlists.
              Wouldn't say Ward has a bad resume. Nor would I say Golovkin has a better resume than most titlests or most top tenners either.

I don't think I'd struggle to make a list of fighters with better resumes.

Like I said it's hard to make a list of top 5 wins for Golovkin. That's not a very good resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                Best wins are Martin Murray and Daniel Geale = a very good resume?
                Fits better than crap. Would you say Calzaghe's best win had a sub crap resume at the time?

Comment

GGG has beat the best middleweights in the world. So he hasn't got a rubbish resume, but rather you could say the middleweight division isn't that strong at the moment is a better way to put it. Martin Murray was a strong middleweight and GGG stopped him.

Floyd has a resume that's full of weak opponents as well because its a weak era, and he cherry picked as well to boot. Theres literally only a handful of decent opponents on Floyds resume.

Comment

GGG fights the best opponents who agree to fight him. He has never turned down a fight with a good middleweight to fight a lesser middleweight. The weakness of his opponents has been badly exaggerated by his haters. He has defeated many middleweights who were rated in the top 10 in the world at the time he fought them. He just made them look like bums. No other middleweight has defeated as many rated middleweights as GGG. He will soon fight another middleweight champion. He is clearly the best middleweight in the world.

Comment

Fits better than crap. Would you say Calzaghe's best win had a sub crap resume at the time?
                      What do Calzaghe, Kessler, Ward and Froch have to do with GGG's crap resume?

I really don't get it.

Comment

Working...
                      X