Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG has a crap resume? What great wins did past MWs have by their 33rd fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Degale, Dirrell brothers, Jack etc

There's some decent fights up there aswell as obviously Ward. Better than the ones at 160 atleast.

But I'm ok with him staying at 160 for Canelo but then it's got to be 168 after that.

same here...let him get passed Lemieux and see if he can procure a Canelo fight...if Oscar doesn't allow it to happen, that's not GGG's fault

if no Ward, i'd love to see him whoop on the Dirrell brothers

but even if he did do that, part of me feels Degale, the Dirrells, Jack wont ease the criticism...he'll get it either way

he's that polarizing...

Comment

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
      Haha burner. Williams got it bad because he managed to be a threat to three pretty big fanbases - Floyd, Cotto and Margarito. Those rapid fans hated on Williams hard because they didn't want their guy to fight him, besides Margarito.

and that's why people are still endeared to Margarito...he at least had the balls to step up

all those Cotto and Floyd f@gs had a laundry list of excuses why that fight shouldn't happen..he DID give those guys a scare...they had a Golovkin IN the division

Comment

I'm not at all.

Golvokins resume now is about as good as Calzaghe's when they put him Top 5 P4P and Kessler's in 2006 I.e not very good at all.

Ward's resume now is better than all 3 respectively.
        I'll take that, but doubt Dirk would lol.

It's really not arguable Ward has a better resume than GGG, but it only takes Froch to push it from worse than Calzaghe's (according to you no better than GGGs) to "good"? I presume not "very good"?

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          It's 2015 dude. Get with the times. That excuse is expired.
          Uh guess you don't understand resumes. These are built over time. It's only in 2015 that the reward in fighting GGG is starting to approach the risk. That's why he's going into his first title unification.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
            same here...let him get passed Lemieux and see if he can procure a Canelo fight...if Oscar doesn't allow it to happen, that's not GGG's fault

but even if he did do that, part of me feels Degale, the Dirrells, Jack wont ease the criticism...he'll get it either way

he's that polarizing...
            Maybe but if he unifies 160 and moves up to 168 and racks up those wins then critisizing his resume will be unjust.

That comes with the territory that's always going to happen.

Pacquaio and Mayweather are examples of that two guys with obviously stellar resumes yet they both get critisized.

But right now his resume is poor let's be honest. Like I said, not his fault. But it is still poor.
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 09-19-2015, 06:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
              I'll take that, but doubt Dirk would lol.

It's really not arguable Ward has a better resume than GGG, but it only takes Froch to push it from worse than Calzaghe's (according to you no better than GGGs) to "good"? I presume not "very good"?
              I would say Ward has a good resume yes.

If he hadn't been on the shelf for 4 years after it might have been exceptional by now but unfortunately it's not.

Comment

Maybe but if he unifies 160 and moves up to 168 and racks up those wins then critisizing his resume will be unjust.

That comes with the territory that's always going to happen.

Pacquaio and Mayweather are examples of that two guys with onviously stellar resumes yet they both get critisized.

But right now his resume is poor let's be honest. Like I said, not his fault. But it is still poor.

well, with his age, he's gonna have to make moves...it's the only positive i take from GGG being over 30...he can't milk anything for the next 5 years...gotta cash out soon before the fade comes...can't have that at the higher weight classes

Comment

he's that polarizing...
                  He really shouldn't be. He has a fun style, fights often, doesn't put down his rivals, always respectful. Does have a mouthy trainer, but who doesn't? Remember Hunter

"By 32 years old, Andre Ward will be heavyweight champion of the world," says the confident trainer.

Comment

well, with his age, he's gonna have to make moves...it's the only positive i take from GGG being over 30...he can't milk anything for the next 5 years...gotta cash out soon before the fade comes...can't have that at the higher weight classes
                    True.

I often forget he's close to his mid 30's.

Comment

I would say Ward has a good resume yes.

If he hadn't been on the shelf for 4 years after it might have been exceptional by now but unfortunately it's not.
                      Gotcha, too bad Froch didn't like the risk and denied GGG the opportunity to eclipse Ward's resume in one spectacular fight. Lets hope he doesn't get denied again by the winner of Canelo/Cotto, unlike Froch there's a clear mandate.

Comment

Working...
                      X