How come there wasnt talk of calzaghe possibly breaking the record

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come there wasnt talk of calzaghe possibly breaking the record

46 tried and 46 failed.

All he needed to do was beat three top15 ranked light heavyweights and beat a top 20 ranked light heavyweight to finish 50-0 .

Calzaghe knew he was done. Simple as. Even if his hands could take another four fights he didn't want it anymore.

Comment

Because he doesn't even have a handful of fights worth talking About.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
        Because he doesn't even have a handful of fights worth talking About.
        He beat roy and embarrassed b hop. Took out lacy .he beat manfredo man. He beat kessler before ward. How about benn ??

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
          He beat roy and embarrassed b hop. Took out lacy .he beat manfredo man. He beat kessler before ward. How about benn ??
          Calzaghe vs Benn never happened.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            Calzaghe vs Benn never happened.
            Your right. I meant chris eu ank

He also beat prime sakio bika and robin reid

Comment

He didn't embarrass anyone, he should of beat the living crap out of both of them, and neither left with even a mark on there face. All he really did was out work them.

Braggng about those fights shows how little is on his resume.

Comment

46 tried and 46 failed.

All he needed to do was beat three top15 ranked light heavyweights and beat a top 20 ranked light heavyweight to finish 50-0 .
                Calzaghe didn't want it, he knew he wanted to retire before even the Hopkins fight but Bhop and RJJ positioned themselves perfectly for Joe's retirement parade.

I'm glad Joe stayed retired too, because his drug and alcohol addiction really turned him from the sport. If he had come back, it would have been embarrassing.

Comment

Your right. I meant chris eu ank

He also beat prime sakio bika and robin reid
                  Eubank was a good win, so was Kessler. I'll give him Lacy too because he he really demolished him.

Besides that, his resume has nothing. Ive said it many times, Calzaghe is the biggest underachieving fighter of the past generation.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    Eubank was a good win, so was Kessler. I'll give him Lacy too because he he really demolished him.

Besides that, his resume has nothing. Ive said it many times, Calzaghe is the biggest underachieving fighter of the past generation.
                    2 weight lineal champ (lineal championships are a big deal on this site), champion for over a decade and holding almost every version of the SMW title available. How did he underachieve?

Yes he could have fought Jones in the late 90s-early 00s but that was never realistic.

Who else could he have fought? He beat his relevant British rivals, beat the best "world" SMWs, some of them very easily and retired beating an absolute legend in Bhop (terrible fight).

I won't count the Jones fight because Jones was done by then.

That's hardly underachieving, unless you expected him to go down as a top 5 ATG lol

Comment

Working...
                    X