No announcement yet.

The Current "man to beat" at 147 is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miniq View Post
    I think it's fairly well agreed that now Floyd has retired that Welter looks something like:

Pac
    Bradley

any order:

Brook
    Khan
    Maidana (basically retired)
    Thurman

followed by:

Porter
    Alexander

Chaves
    Rios?
    D.Garcia?

I'd already rate Garcia above Rios at Welter because Rios hasn't done sht in the division & Garcia despite only having 1 win WW is clearly the better fighter. Chaves mixes in with them.

In 2 years time Khan, Bradley, Maidana & Pac will have all retired. Wonder whether Brook will be able to make the weight.

Spence should make his entry during this period.
    I'd put Porter far higher up there. Along side Brook again, he's fought better fighters than most, and has a far better overall resume than the only guy to beat him.

Comment

I think its Kell Brook , but in reality there is not much between the top guys .

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        There is no MAN TO BEAT right now,they have to fight it out
        agree.
        but im going wtih thurman or brook to take that spot

Comment

If anything it's Obviously Manny,now someone has to take him down
          Bingo!! Floyd is gone, Manny is the guy to beat at 147.

Comment

Nobody, they have to fight it out.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
              Bingo!! Floyd is gone, Manny is the guy to beat at 147.
              I think Manny is done and any of the top WWs will clean his clock , except Khan his chin will crumble against Manny and he might be a mile in front when it happens , I dont think they will put Manny in with Thurman or Brook maybe Crawford or some other JNR WW , Crawford might even be too dangerous at this stage of the game , I got a feeling it will be Khan who gets the fight , he cant punch that hard and he has a weak chin .

Comment

the man to beat at 147 is Pac with TB running a close second....everybody else kinda in the same boat

Comment

There is no MAN TO BEAT right now,they have to fight it out
                  Yes they do need to fight each other.
                  Right now, maybe Pac, then Bradley.
                  But let's see Thurman and all the others fight it out! Khan too. He has skills, but the chin has been his Achilles heel.

Comment

The man to beat is Ezekiel Brook. A solid, strong title holder who's undefeated. Thing is, since porter it doesn't seem like he's in any hurry to defend his status against any live competition.

Pacman has his name, but he's older and quite frankly isn't the same fighter he once was.

One Time hasn't looked good in more than a year.

Bradley is going to struggle with Rios. The more I think about it, the more I see Rios winning. By stoppage possibly.

Khan is just overrated, period.

It'd be interesting to see Danny against 147's elite.

Comment

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
                      Should be 2-1. But, ok.

Bradley has never really been "expected" to beat anybody. But he's beat them all.
                      youre probably right should have been 2-1 but if you wanted to go down that route a lot of fans thought Provodnikov done enough to win or at least draw the fight!

But regardless, tell me a fight that Bradley wasn't "expected" to win?? The only one where he was expected to lose was against Manny Pacquaio and he got dominated twice.. Other than those two fights you're reaching

Comment

Working...
                      X