The Current "man to beat" at 147 is....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -MEGA- View Post
    Should be 2-1. But, ok.

Bradley has never really been "expected" to beat anybody. But he's beat them all.
    The only people he hasn't really been expected to beat is Pacquiao and Marquez.

He's been a heavy favourite in a lot of fights where he's been expected to win easy but ending up making a meal of it.

Stop with the hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      The only people he hasn't really been expected to beat is Pacquiao and Marquez.

He's been a heavy favourite in a lot of fights where he's been expected to win easy but ending up making a meal of it.

Stop with the hyperbole.
      Alexander, Whitter....

Comment

Alexander, Whitter....
        Witter yes, he was favoured to beat Alexander

Comment

Originally posted by miniq View Post
          I think it's fairly well agreed that now Floyd has retired that Welter looks something like:

Pac
          Bradley

any order:

Brook
          Khan
          Maidana (basically retired)
          Thurman

followed by:

Porter
          Alexander

Chaves
          Rios?
          D.Garcia?

I'd already rate Garcia above Rios at Welter because Rios hasn't done sht in the division & Garcia despite only having 1 win WW is clearly the better fighter. Chaves mixes in with them.

In 2 years time Khan, Bradley, Maidana & Pac will have all retired. Wonder whether Brook will be able to make the weight.

Spence should make his entry during this period.
          I can agree roughly. Spence is probably the most promising fighter that hasn't broke out into the top just yet. Sadam Ali is someone too look out for as well. To a lesser extent I feel like Mikhalyenko and Vargas have some future potential at 147 too, idk. Lots of talent at 147.

Comment

Huh just took a peak at BoxRec which has officially removed Mayweather as an active fighter, and has Pacquiao as #1 at WW. (Despite their horrid P4P and historical ratings, their active division ratings are usually not too bad.)

There are a lot of fighters in this division that need to fight each other to form a true #1, as Pacman is likely on his way out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Witter yes, he was favoured to beat Alexander
              Um, no He wasn't.

Comment

Um, no He wasn't.
                Bradley was the favourite in the fight. Alexander had just got embarrassed by Kotelnik. You're trying to revise history.

Comment

I would like to see Bradley vs. Brook next year if both win their fights that they have coming up. That would decide who would be the best guy at 147 at this point.

I'm not completely sold on the others that are around the top of the rankings to take over at #1 yet. All of them have flaws that are visible IMO.

Comment

Bradley is a stepping stone for Brook.

Brook-Thurman will end up being the fight to decide who is the top guy at 147.

Comment

It's Pacquiao, everything else is up in there currently. Bradley is up there resume wise, but he's not going to fight guys like Thurman, Garcia, Maidana, Khan, Porter and maybe not even Brook. The welter weight picture is a mess right now and when it gets settled I don't expect Bradley to be at the top in a year or two.

Plus you add guys like Spence, Vazquez, Imam, Peterson, Crawford, S. Ali, and a few others who will pop up out of nowhere. I think that Bradley is on the slide and he'll be nowhere near the WW top guys in 1-2 years.
                      Last edited by _original_; 09-17-2015, 11:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X