Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather-Berto PPV To Land in 550-600K Buy Range

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think Floyd cares. He knew this was gonna flop when he decided to take a safe fight. He even said he's earned the right to choose his last fight.

Stay Retired.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      over 5 million ppv's sold in 2 fights is amazing
      haha c'mon man your just reaching. The 4.4 mil came from pacquiao. Its not like he fought some bum and did all the work himself

Comment

Obviously Mayweather is bad business unless he has Manny or Canelo's coattails to ride. For the Manny rematch, expect the split to be closer to 50-50 this time.

Comment

My lord, that brings the average for the last 2 fights to 2.5 million PPVs for Mayweather, what is he going to do.

It was actually a very good an entertaining fight, but that's not what people buy Mayweather PPVs for, they buy Mayweather PPVs because they want to see him lose. There was little chance of him losing this fight so less people tuned in.

Comment

That's more than I would have expected, definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™
              Showtime lost their ass on this one lol
              They had a 6 fight deal with Floyd in which they probably profited over a half a $Billion, I think they're extremely pleased with how the deal went.

Comment

Lies lies lies

I heard it did 385k and no more.

Once again they pump up Floyd's ppv numbers like they do his body with PEDs and iv's

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                  They had a 6 fight deal with Floyd in which they probably profited over a half a $Billion, I think they're extremely pleased with how the deal went.
                  Please explain to the rest of us how you came to the conclusion that showtime made $500 million off Floyd. I would really love to know that one...considering the ppv providers keep 50% of the ppv money, showtime has to pay for all marketing, tours, materials, as well as front $32 million the day of the fight.

Comment

I been saying for weeks this fight would only do around 500K. But I would not be shocked if it actually did lower despite the reports. Either way it was a flop the negativity around Mayweather because of the opponent he chose, and because how boring the fight with Manny led to fans simply turned off by Mayweather. This also proves that Floyd's fanbase is not very big. He can't sell fights off his own name alone. The people buying his PPV are not his fans but rather people who buy to root for him to lose.

Comment

Early reports say 550,000 to 600,000. But reality that means maybe 500,000 tops. Hey what were people expecting. When we had polls up about how many buys the event would get the majority was right. Around 500,000. SH Itty if you ask me.

Comment

Working...
                      X