No announcement yet.

Showtime schedule for this fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
    If I'm PBC's investors I'm pulling my $ from PBC yesterday.

Here we are giving Haymon all this $, ratings are not good, we overspend on mismatches that fans don't even care about.

And Haymon has the nerve to bring Quillin/Jacobs to Showtime?

Someone explain the genius behind this?
    PBC is likely to feature Thurman-Porter, in addition to the Danny Garcia fight, and a few more Errol Spence fights, among the other fights, before setting up next year.

It's a 3 to 4-year project; wouldn't think you'd acknowledge that, since you've calling for the end up PBC since the debut.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
      PBC is likely to feature Thurman-Porter, in addition to the Danny Garcia fight, and a few more Errol Spence fights, among the other fights, before setting up next year.

It's a 3 to 4-year project; wouldn't think you'd acknowledge that, since you've calling for the end up PBC since the debut.
      Whats it setting up in 3-4 years?

PBC has already burned like 150 MILLION!

Thats like 5 years of HBO's budget. What exactly are they accomplishing here?

Comment

Whats it setting up in 3-4 years?

PBC has already burned like 150 MILLION!

Thats like 5 years of HBO's budget. What exactly are they accomplishing here?
        Lol it's a terrible business model. The guy who set up the deal for haymon at the investment firm now works haymon. The firm got hosed. I have no issue with what they're doing other than their budgets. You can't pay a guy like Adonis 2 million and have those ratings, and 2000 people in attendance. It can certainly work they just have to stop throwing money away on guys who don't deserve it and who don't generate any revenue.

Comment

Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
          Lol it's a terrible business model. The guy who set up the deal for haymon at the investment firm now works haymon. The firm got hosed. I have no issue with what they're doing other than their budgets. You can't pay a guy like Adonis 2 million and have those ratings, and 2000 people in attendance. It can certainly work they just have to stop throwing money away on guys who don't deserve it and who don't generate any revenue.
          Nothing About what PBC does makes sense.

These clowns keep saying p, it's early, it's a 4 year project.

4 year project to do what? To get a tv deal?

What kind of moron would spend 450 million to get a few million dollars in yearly tv deals? Everything about PBC is fcking ******ed.

Comment

The funny thing is, Showtime is the only network paying for Haymon fighters and they, arguably have gotten the worst fights from him. I am thinking of dropping Showtime at the end of this season of "Ray Donovan", so they better get some good fights on the books soon.

I like that they are at least working with Banner, I have heard Showtime was still going to do business with PBC, but look elsewhere as well.

Comment

So PBC invests there own $ to buy network time and pay the fighters, and than Haymon brings these guys to Showtime and thats all good?

If you were an investor you would be ok with that?

And please show me where it says Showtime is a part of the PBC deal. I have not seen that anywhere.
              it isnt part of PBC. Simply logic. Showtime buys fights like HBO. PBC is a time buy with investors. Haymon didn't need investors for Showtime when he is getting paid for those fights

Comment

Nothing About what PBC does makes sense.

These clowns keep saying p, it's early, it's a 4 year project.

4 year project to do what? To get a tv deal?

What kind of moron would spend 450 million to get a few million dollars in yearly tv deals? Everything about PBC is fcking ******ed.
                Yes those firms dksa money

Comment

Nice to see Showtime even have a schedule. Think its been 6 months or longer since I seen Showtime gots 2 cards planned.

As for the PBC thing I'm seeing people talking about I myself feel that Showtime is kinda unofficial part of PBC. They got a bunch of PBC fighters on there cards these days. Can't deny I'm a lil unsure why PBC isn't showing Jacobs vs Quillin, but I won't be surprised if there is some sort of PBC Boxing show on Showtime at some future date.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                    Yes those firms dksa money
                    I'm not going to go into a long-winded rant, but they actually don't. Do you not remember them destroying the world economy a few years ago? The stock market is based on speculation and succeeds because of illegal methods. They basically manipulate it to get what they want. It's probably one of the most devious jobs to have, selling people a pile of bull**** for your own financial gain. If you're interested in the topic check out a book called "flash boys" it outlines one of the ways these guys manipulate the market and artificially make money for themselves.

Bad deals are done all the time. Firms have been giving other people's money away for decades. The mining industry is littered with bad deals like this all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      Nice to see Showtime even have a schedule. Think its been 6 months or longer since I seen Showtime gots 2 cards planned.

As for the PBC thing I'm seeing people talking about I myself feel that Showtime is kinda unofficial part of PBC. They got a bunch of PBC fighters on there cards these days. Can't deny I'm a lil unsure why PBC isn't showing Jacobs vs Quillin, but I won't be surprised if there is some sort of PBC Boxing show on Showtime at some future date.
                      I think it'll officially be called PBC on Showtime sometime in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X