No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rocky Marciano's Son Reacts To Mayweather's 49-0 Win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
    You might be upset with him, but he is right though. Rocky cleaned out his division completely. Him doing what he did in 8 years was impressive, even more so considering that the Rock didn't start boxing until he was 21.
    A division of bums and old names , he couldnt live in the era of great HWs Ali Holmes Norton Foreman Frazier , the quality of competition was just not in Rockys era .

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Guererro wasn't magically entered in the Top 10 before Floyd fougbt him he was entered for beating two Top 10 WW's one as quite a big under dog.

The Ring rankings have been the go-to rankings since forever, since I was a child an well before that. Maybe I am stuck In my my ways but that's always been the way.
      I think the Ring rankings have definitely been shaky since GBP brought it (2007 according to google).

How Mayweather vs Guerrero ever qualified for the vacant Ring title i'll never know. That means they decided Guerrero was no.2 or 3 WW on the planet lol.

I also remember Broner making it into their top 10 P4P too

Comment

• The bigger record here is 19 professional years in combat without a loss. That's INSANE. I can't think of any body who had that kind of a run .

Marcianos entire career was only 8 years to give perspective.
        Except that Floyd has only fought 15 times in the last 10 years vs 49 times in 8 years for Rocky. What was your point again?

Comment

Working...
        X