Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Even if Berto Won, I'd Still Be "TBE"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FACT: If every fighter fought like Mayweather, nobody would pay the big checks to a guy like Mayweather because people watch a fight to see someone get KTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      You been around since the 60's you old motherfcker?!

Get your old ass off this site and go experience life you lame fck lol at your age you shouldn't even have time to be on here!
      Lol. Nice!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dnash1911 View Post
        youre talking about things he did outside of the ring? so if you watched boxing since the 60s you know that Jake Lamotta was one of the worst Women beater alive, Oscar dela Hoya is a cross dressing coke head, Ali was a womanizer despite his muslim faith cheated on his wife I dont care about the soap operas outside the ring and most Real Men shouldnt
        Are you seriously trying to defend a serial woman beater by bringing up Jake Lamotta? First the media nothing compared to back then so fans didn't know about those things but more importantly back in the 60s we as culture treated domestic violence differently. Right or wrong that was the Era and those things were accepted. Hell woman would go to work the next day with a black eye and nobody would say or do a thing. Today if your girl goes to work with a black eye within hours you are getting arrested. And that ain't about Mayweather look what went on with Ray Rice. And this change in society didn't happen after Floyd went to jail this happened way before that. To prove that for the promo to Floyd fight years earlier with Corrales he trashed Diego for his domestic violence. Only to look like a hypocrite when he was busted not once, not twice, not three times with beating women. He brought the negativity and criticism on himself and bringing up Lamotta who lived in a different Era doesn't give him a pass from me or any other fan wi th more then 2 brain cells.

Also comparing beating a woman to Oscar abusing drugs on his own and hurting nobody else? If you can't see why people take one more serious then the other then you just have your head too far of Floyds @zz to see straight. And cheating on your wife? This is 2015 where so many marriages don't last again if you think this is comparable to beating a woman your head is in the sand.

Comment

If your larger point is I am just ignoring everything a guy does outside the ring then that's fine but in the ring he ain't Ali and anyone making that comparison is on crack. He is boring as hell and accused of ducking fighters all together or until they are past their prime. He hasnt had a real knockout since 2007 almost a decade. He gets booed every fight, people only buy his fights to root for him to lose. And I haven't even brought up the PEDS. When Ali was retiring he got the Derek Jeter treatment. This dude is getting the Barry Bonds treatment. Nobody misses bonds or treats him like an icon or give him the respect like they do Jeter. Because he was a black cloud over the sport. If you think Floyd will be missed like Ali or treated like an icon like Ali when he really does retire you are just not piped into reality.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
            FACT: If every fighter fought like Mayweather, nobody would pay the big checks to a guy like Mayweather because people watch a fight to see someone get KTFO.
            FACT: This sport doesn't work like that. There are so many different styles in boxing. Not everyone can be a mindless brawler. Believe it or not, the sport would be less popular because it would get redundant real quick if all fighters were winging wide shots with no technique. You don't have to be a fan of a pure boxer style, but if you're a true fan of the sport, you respect all styles.

Comment

[QUOTE=bigdunny1;16047787]If your larger point is I am just ignoring everything a guy does outside the ring then that's fine but in the ring he ain't Ali and anyone making that comparison is on crack. He is boring as hell and accused of ducking fighters all together or until they are past their prime. He hasnt had a real knockout since 2007 almost a decade. He gets booed every fight, people only buy his fights to root for him to lose. And I haven't even brought up the PEDS. When Ali was retiring he got the Derek Jeter treatment. This dude is getting the Barry Bonds treatment. Nobody misses bonds or treats him like an icon or give him the respect like they do Jeter. Because he was a black cloud over the sport. If you think Floyd will be missed like Ali or treated like an icon like Ali when he really does retire you are just not piped into reality.[/QUOTE Bonds was too busy trying to get respect from everyone except the black community he was never considered on of us, Floyd never did when bob arum put him on that plane with Sugar Ray and Oscar and said you can be like them and he told.all of them to go to hell and did it his way. a marketing genius. Bc of him fighters command more. He and Haymon carried this sport. There is a reason MMa refusing to compete on nights that Floyd fights. Now watch what happens without him and remember this post. In the instagram, tmz, instant gratification era Floyd was very relevant. When Ali retired Sugar Ray Leonard carried the torch, noone on the horizon thats marketable. As far as lamotta goes a women beater is a women beater regardless of the era if you are pointing to that as a level of cowardice and a character flaw when it took place wouldnt matter.

Comment

the best ever??? lol........

he proved nothing...he's no way near leonard, hagler, hearns and duran.

the best RUNNER ever!!!

bwahahahahahahahaha!!!! lol

Comment

Little Floyd is despised everywhere. Rappers and their wives have attacked mini Floyd. Once the bodyguards go away it will be open season on this dwarf Mayweather who is hated.

Comment

LOL I think whoever wrote that article misquoted Froid.

What Froid actually said was, "Even if Berto Won, I'd Still Be "TUE"

T-U-E!
                    T-U-E!
                    LMAO!

Comment

Floyd was great...definitely was the best ever at picking his fights

Comment

Working...
                      X