Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather: Even if Berto Won, I'd Still Be "TBE"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      I've watched boxing since the 60s, have been around many brothers along the way, and have only found a few who liked Floydie... and those guys really hated him, they just won some money off him betting. But as a real man, no. The guy has so many flaws in and out of the ring it's redundant repeating about the boring fights, woman beating, PED use, ducking, cherry picking. It's all such a ridiculous excuse for a career it's actually sad... especially for the sport.
      The flaws are spoon fed you and you look hard for second helpings when you dont know the real man only what the media feed you , the irony that youre totally oblivious to is that the real flaws are in you .

Comment

I've watched boxing since the 60s, have been around many brothers along the way, and have only found a few who liked Floydie... and those guys really hated him, they just won some money off him betting. But as a real man, no. The guy has so many flaws in and out of the ring it's redundant repeating about the boring fights, woman beating, PED use, ducking, cherry picking. It's all such a ridiculous excuse for a career it's actually sad... especially for the sport.
        at the end of the day his ledger has impressive name all over it, and for you to sit here and say he was a Ped user when you can't name 1 Ped that he used? youre talking about things he did outside of the ring? so if you watched boxing since the 60s you know that Jake Lamotta was one of the worst Women beater alive, Oscar dela Hoya is a cross dressing coke head, Ali was a womanizer despite his muslim faith cheated on his wife I dont care about the soap operas outside the ring and most Real Men shouldnt, and you do know that Ali engaged in what a lot of people considered boring fights, so did Pernell Whitaker and Willie Pep. As far as Cherry Pic his ledger will be viewed nicely by history Pacman, Oscar, Canelo, Cotto, Mosley, Corrales, Hernandez, castillo all hall of fame fighters.

Comment

See ya later Floyd!

Comment

"Can u imagine what your bank account would be like if you'd bet with me 49 times" Hahaha greatest zing even I can't say anything back to that

Comment

Very little flaws in the ring, flaws that have been un-exploitable in two decades due to his far better skill and ability. In fact the only flaw that was exploited was his inability to parry a jab. This statement is the peak of stupidity, hatred and jealousy. Watching boxing since the 60's then you should be well aware of how boring the majority of Ali's fights were. I have every single Ali fight on a five disk set which I have watched quite a few times, so I can attest to this fact. You've been watching boxing since the 60's yet like a child you rant of being bored, go on an elderly retirement cruise, play some bingo and try to hit your second puberty, maybe maturity will accompany this go around.

Comment

When Ali called himself TBE, everybody but himself believed it.

When Floyd calls himself TBE, nobody except himself believes it.

Comment

He's made defensive fighting an art form but most fans just want entertainment. They don't want to watch a guy tap, tap, score points then run away for 12 rounds. When Mayweather chooses to throw an offensive lead or stands and trades fans gasp because he is genuinely amazing at offence when he wants to be, the angles, movement and accuracy are sublime. Unfortunately those moments are sparse in any of his fights as he always chooses the safest option. I think his aversion to risk taking is the reason no-one else thinks he's TBE.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM-2010 View Post
                    When Ali called himself TBE, everybody but himself believed it.

When Floyd calls himself TBE, nobody except himself believes it.
                    BS , when Ali started calling himself the greatest people hated on him big time it was only late in his career and after retirement did it start to stick .

If the internet was in Ali's time he would have been hated on so bad , he was widely descibed as a braggart big mouth coward that ran , The Louiville Lip .

You kids dont understand boxing history and how it was in the time and how it is today which is a different age because of the internet and communication .

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Floyd is the Barry Bonds of boxing. Hated by fans and does nothing but put a dark cloud over the entire sport. Baseball was happy and better off when bonds finally retired and left the sport. The same will be the case when Floyd leaves boxing.
                      yes, no pun intended, but boxing will get a shot in the arm (as in IV) when the IV man finally retired...

Comment

Working...
                      X