No announcement yet.

WAR Mayweather!!! The Official PBF Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    I never saw how manny could beat floyd....only chance was a jones- tarver 2 one punch kayo...floyd is just a better all around fighter. Manny is a G though
    Yea no doubt. Floyd has an answer for anything Pac can do. Boxing is like chess, if you run out of answers and you can't end it early (check mate = KO) then you will lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Yea no doubt. Floyd has an answer for anything Pac can do. Boxing is like chess, if you run out of answers and you can't end it early (check mate = KO) then you will lose.
      great analogy and it actually ties into his mind set.....its hard to beat someone who thinks a step or two ahead

Comment

great analogy and it actually ties into his mind set.....its hard to beat someone who thinks a step or two ahead
        Exactly. Not only do you have to think ahead, but you have to know how to execute your plan even if you are one step ahead in your mind. A guy like Manny, even if he was one step ahead of Floyd mentally, he can't execute the adjustments needed, he has limits. That's why you see fighters frustrated. Darned if they do, darned if they don't sort of thing.

Comment

this was pretty dope too
          Hadn't seen this before. Great vid. Greek K coming when I can.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by tangalog2200 View Post
              argument? didn't you watch the fight? senior said what he said...

that his son's fighting scared....didn't he?
              Do you think Floyd was scared of Pac in the ring?

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                They were asked the question why they needed an IV. Ellerbe said that giving blood and urine contributed to Floyd's dehydration. Floyd agreed.

If I find it, I will post it but it was in several threads here ....
                Never understood what the big deal was with that anyway.

Had no bearing on the outcome of the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Sorry but Floyd and war do not belong in the same sentence.

/End Thread!
                  ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
                    ^^^^^^^^^^
                    The man went toe to toe with monsters, real killers. He also outboxed and countered many skilled, dangerous fighters in his career. Yes, he skated by and lulled to sleep with a few of his last wins, I would have preferred he pressed the fight, he could have still done so and won against Berto and Pac, but he also earned that right eventually to "just do enough to win". I don't like it, but it's the truth, and you have to respect a fighter that took risks in his career.

Comment

• IMa Dog IMA GORILLA, IMa Gorilla IMA DOG.

Comment

Working...
                      X