No announcement yet.

WAR Mayweather!!! The Official PBF Appreciation Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    and the ones who were willing to try were beat up and battered, especially in his prime...Hatton, Augustus, Corley, etc......After he came back in 09, he began to do just enough to win.

For all the hugging and running he is accused of, you'd think Canelo, Maidana, etc would have run him out of the ring. But he earned their respect because he is accurate and his shots are sharp.

I think Ricky Hatton is the only fighter I saw that brought the best out of floyd.
    I don't blame him for doing just enough to win, similar to what Fury did against Wlad. Winning comes first so I can't fault that approach. And yea, Floyd had more than proved himself by that point anyway. He paid his dues. Remember, Pac wanted nothing to do with Floyd in '09.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      I don't blame him for doing just enough to win, similar to what Fury did against Wlad. Winning comes first so I can't fault that approach. And yea, Floyd had more than proved himself by that point anyway. He paid his dues. Remember, Pac wanted nothing to do with Floyd in '09.
      Floyd from 07-09 most likely would have stopped Manny...Manny was more reckless and threw more punches. Also floyd was more aggressive, faster, and just as slick than the current version.

Comment

• First ballot HOF, ATG, hands down the best of his era.

Comment

this is probably the best Mayweather tribute out....Gorilla productions has a part one...I hope he does a part 2 tribute.

Comment

• this was pretty dope too

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
              First ballot HOF, ATG, hands down the best of his era.

Comment

this is probably the best Mayweather tribute out....Gorilla productions has a part one...I hope he does a part 2 tribute.
                Great vid. Thanks for sharing this.

people who have never seen Floyd fight, they see this, and they think to themselves: Floyd is a monster! And he was! He knew how to turn it up and get you out of there when he wanted to.

Comment

Great vid. Thanks for sharing this.

people who have never seen Floyd fight, they see this, and they think to themselves: Floyd is a monster! And he was! He knew how to turn it up and get you out of there when he wanted to.
                  Floyd had to be forced to empty his tool shed of punches and skills....especially as he aged and mastered his defense and ring generaliship. He started cruising to UD12 after he returned in 09.....Pretty Boy Floyd had a 70% ko ratio and was wrecking you if you came forward. 130-140 floyd had all the physical tools and skills his dad taught him but had that meanness in him like uncle roger.

Comment

Floyd had to be forced to empty his tool shed of punches and skills....especially as he aged and mastered his defense and ring generaliship. He started cruising to UD12 after he returned in 09.....Pretty Boy Floyd had a 70% ko ratio and was wrecking you if you came forward. 130-140 floyd had all the physical tools and skills his dad taught him but had that meanness in him like uncle roger.
                    What's funny is that any version of Floyd beats Pac with any style. stylistically he can walk out of a coffin and do it. Pacquiao was destined to take that loss like Achilles was destined to take that arrow to the ankle.

Comment

What's funny is that any version of Floyd beats Pac with any style. stylistically he can walk out of a coffin and do it. Pacquiao was destined to take that loss like Achilles was destined to take that arrow to the ankle.
                      I never saw how manny could beat floyd....only chance was a jones- tarver 2 one punch kayo...floyd is just a better all around fighter. Manny is a G though

Comment

Working...
                      X