Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entropy of a Thread....

"All processes manifest a tendency toward decay and disintegration, with a net increase in what is called the entropy, or state of randomness or disorder, of the system. This is called the Second Law of Thermodynamics."

No, this is called an IV scandal....

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
      Manny's failure with the world watching still hurts nearly six months later, doesn't it?
      That is what they said about Lance Armstrong and his rivals. His rivals were just not good enough. Lance was just that good. Not just 6 months. This was the story year after year, Tour de France after Tour de France.

Lance Armstrong fans were too in denial:

"It's all just speculation. And it's pissing me off. How many times does a guy(Lance) need to be tested to be proven innocent? "

"Lance Armstrong is NOT a doper"

"So, who all watched Lance on Larry King Live tonight? I thought Lance was soo great. He definitely doesn't dope."

"They are all haters! The French people's hate is too much!"

Last edited by ADP02; 10-19-2015, 10:58 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        You think a bunch of very upset, very ardent supporters of Pacquiao spamming slow motion videos means this is still alive? US sports media already digested this story and moved on.
        Slow motion videos? I thought we were talking about Floyd using IVs. You know? Like what this topic is about?

And if US sports media already moved on, it wouldn't still get brought on things like, I don't know, The Fight Game with Jim Lampley.

Comment

• While fraud mayweather fanboys are getting their diapers changed.....

Thomas Hauser has a new article out at Box Nation where he fires back at the United States Anti Doping Agency after USADA fired back at HIM for essentially asking aloud, via an extensive article at SB Nation, if the organization is fit for the sport of boxing. The questions raised in Hauser’s original piece are both numerous and far ranging.

The part of the article that has drawn the most attention, however, is a story where Floyd Mayweather receives an IV injection the day before his May 2nd superfight with Manny Pacquiao.

This particular story has led to all kinds of speculation both in and out of the media and has also led to a kind of written warfare between Hauser and the anti-doping agency. The entire affair can be enormously confusing. Indeed, sometimes the published pieces of both camps can be as dense as a work by David Foster Wallace. Let’s focus then, on the Mayweather incident and the facts as we know them at this point.

Here’s what’s not open for debate:

1. Mayweather received an IV injection for still unknown reasons the day before his superfight with Pacquiao.

2. USADA was aware that the IV injection was being given. What’s more, at least one of the agency’s agents witnessed the entire affair.

3. It has yet to be proven what substance(es) the IV injection delivered to Mayweather’s bloodstream contained.

4. It is unknown who gave the okay for Mayweather to receive the IV injection.

5. It is unknown which company the paramedic who delivered the injection worked for.

6. It is unknown if there is a record of the injection being delivered by a paramedic.

7. USADA informed the Nevada State Athletic Commission of the incident 20 days after Mayweather emerged victorious over Pacquiao in Las Vegas.

There’s little doubt that USADA is well within its rights to claim that Hauser is far from an objective observer. He works for HBO, after all, and HBO is archrivals with Showtime, which has broadcast six of Mayweather’s bouts. It’s also worth noting that Victor Conte, an expert on the subject employed by Hauser in his article, has literally done time for doping shenanigans.

Still, Hauser asks some good questions, and, whether he’s biased or not, the public deserves some answers after coughing up roughly a hundred bucks a pop to watch the May-Pac fight. What exactly was wrong with Mayweather that he required the kind of injection the World Anti Doping Agency, whose rules USADA supposedly adheres to, might forbid? As Hauser points out, the man didn’t seem dehydrated after the weigh in for the Pacquiao bout.

Let’s also keep in mind that injections can be used to “mask” athlete doping. Neither Hauser nor this author is accusing Mayweather of cheating, but the point needs to be brought up if events are to be reported in a fair and full bodied manner. Also, were things so severe that an IV had to be injected IN MAYWEATHER’S HOME?

Furthermore, who gave the okay for the injection to be given? A doctor? The paramedic on duty? The USADA agent? Who? Also, was the person responsible for giving the okay legally permitted to give the okay? IVs are nothing to fool around with, after all.

Ultimately, USADA would be well advised to provide answers and come clean. Who knows? It may be an innocent party in all of this. Regardless. Withholding specific information, as it appears (“appears” being the operative word here) USADA is doing only hurts its reputation. Or not. Perhaps USADA feels boxing is too marginalized a sport for most of the media to care about. If USADA wants to roll the dice on that assumption, however, it may come back to haunt it.

As for the possibility of USADA now being legally silenced by its own practices, it may be time to admit those practices are problematic before changing course.

http://www.*************.com/columns...l-made-simple/

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
            "All processes manifest a tendency toward decay and disintegration, with a net increase in what is called the entropy, or state of randomness or disorder, of the system. This is called the Second Law of Thermodynamics."

No, this is called an IV scandal....
            I love Newtonian laws of physics.
            Everything needs to be accounted for in the universe. Degredation of energy,
            All losses in the process of matter being converted to energy, or energy being converted to matter... Awesome.

Everything decays. As will the fervor with which a few fans attack the TUE IV.

Personally. I never heard of this kinda thing. This is why I don't like it. It breaks precedent, but .... I can't change things.

But in the ring, what I saw was Floyd winning 8 to 4 in my opinion.

Best Regards,
            Zaroku

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
              Sadly, I'm only fluent in English!!!
              Can you please explain to the rest of the Floyd fans why there is a scandal to the Floyd fans that are in denial?

The evidence presented thus far clearly shows that Floyd lies to his boxing fans just to get an advantage. We have seen him trying to do it in the past by forcing his opponents to sign contract that they really did not want to sign but since FLoyd is the A side, the opponents had no choice, if they wanted the fight.

Finding out that Floyd wanted this to be all hidden and a secret is a huge red flag but if Floyd tried with Manny, I'm sure that Floyd had other contracts done where Floyd was allowed to do whatever he wanted in secrecy. All hidden.

So more than likely, this was not the first time that Floyd took advantage of being the A side and had IVs whenever he wanted one and nobody knew about it due to the way the contract was written

IVs for everyone!!! .... Actually, Floyd just wants it for himself!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                I love Newtonian laws of physics.
                Everything needs to be accounted for in the universe. Degredation of energy,
                All losses in the process of matter being converted to energy, or energy being converted to matter... Awesome.

Everything decays. As will the fervor with which a few fans attack the TUE IV.

Personally. I never heard of this kinda thing. This is why I don't like it. It breaks precedent, but .... I can't change things.

But in the ring, what I saw was Floyd winning 8 to 4 in my opinion.

Best Regards,
                Zaroku
                Physics and more ..........

They said (Bond's fans) that Barry Bonds did what he did due to eye/hand/bat coordination that was better than anyone else not due to PEDs.

Just like Floyd's numbers, Bonds had numbers that were looked at and cheered on.

Still, the red flags were there and the numbers were distorted due to those red flags. Like Memo Heredia said, PEDs make a very good player a much greater one.

"Myth #4: Steroids won’t help players hit home runs.

Some fans argue that it takes hand-eye coordination to hit home runs, and that “steroids (PEDs) will not improve this athletic skill.” Once again wrong. An athlete needs basic skills to perform at a high level. However, drug enhancement of athletic ability clearly occurs.

Research indicates that a baseball’s velocity coming off the bat is related to bat speed. Researchers have shown that muscle development increases bat speed, and thus “hit ball” velocity. Weight training will improve bat speed; anabolic drug use can add extra power.
                "

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Physics and more ..........

They said (Bond's fans) that Barry Bonds did what he did due to eye/hand/bat coordination that was better than anyone else not due to PEDs.

Just like Floyd's numbers, Bonds had numbers that were looked at and cheered on.

Still, the red flags were there and the numbers were distorted due to those red flags. Like Memo Heredia said, PEDs make a very good player a much greater one.

"Myth #4: Steroids won’t help players hit home runs.

Some fans argue that it takes hand-eye coordination to hit home runs, and that “steroids (PEDs) will not improve this athletic skill.” Once again wrong. An athlete needs basic skills to perform at a high level. However, drug enhancement of athletic ability clearly occurs.

Research indicates that a baseball’s velocity coming off the bat is related to bat speed. Researchers have shown that muscle development increases bat speed, and thus “hit ball” velocity. Weight training will improve bat speed; anabolic drug use can add extra power.
                  "

Thanks for this info. It is greatly appreciated..

I have a really close friend who used PEDs for his body building career in the 90's. 260 -285 mostly mass. Post roids, 220 but never won again. He is in awesome shape but post PEDs could never perform a 2 hour leg training session.
                  He used to go to Mexico & buy all kinds of things. His source went to federal prison etc..

But post PEDs he was normal, but he was older, so I attributed his lack of size. Etc to lack of PEDs. Because he is all natural now, with great genetics, he sells sports supplements to gyms, gnc etc. I am going to ask him about hand eye skills in relation to PEDs.

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,
                  Zaroku

Comment

• Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                    Thanks for this info. It is greatly appreciated..

I have a really close friend who used PEDs for his body building career in the 90's. 260 -285 mostly mass. Post roids, 220 but never won again. He is in awesome shape but post PEDs could never perform a 2 hour leg training session.
                    He used to go to Mexico & buy all kinds of things. His source went to federal prison etc..

But post PEDs he was normal, but he was older, so I attributed his lack of size. Etc to lack of PEDs. Because he is all natural now, with great genetics, he sells sports supplements to gyms, gnc etc. I am going to ask him about hand eye skills in relation to PEDs.

Thanks for your input.

Best Regards,
                    Zaroku
                    Same here. I knew someone who used to compete and win at various levels and yes he took PEDs. He also told me about the bad side effects. Hearing the sides was enough for me to stay away from them.

Yes having the right genes helps a lot. I can say this from personal experience as well. Genetics plus the drive to achieve.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      Same here. I knew someone who used to compete and win at various levels and yes he took PEDs. He also told me about the bad side effects. Hearing the sides was enough for me to stay away from them.

Yes having the right genes helps a lot. I can say this from personal experience as well. Genetics plus the drive to achieve.
                      I will share whatever he tells me about this. He's has been a great friend for over 20 years, and I trust him.

As a fan of boxing I will share it. Fiat Lux.... My university motto... Let there be light..

Best Regards,
                      Zaroku

Comment

Working...
                      X