Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IR0NFIST View Post
    Once again, you're attempting to draw similarities between an organized, calculated procedure like USADA drug testing, to the unpredictable aspects of a sparring session.

Both Pacquiao and Floyd have contrasting fighting styles, the odds of a defensive "health comes first" fighter like Floyd suffering the same injury as an aggressive offensive fighter like Pacquiao in the exact same manner would be few and far in between, there are too many intangibles to consider.

On the other hand, the USADA testing has no difference. Both Pacquiao and Floyd were subjected to the same stringent testing procedures, yet for some odd reason, Floyd was the only one who was suffering from "dark urine" and required an excessive amount of saline to rehydrate.
    It is absolute comedy how illogical your entire post is.

Again, Pacquaio and Mayweather are 2 completely separate individuals who can and do have unique physical ailments. Their physical ailments or issues have absolutely nothing to do with random drug testing. Thus, comparing Floyd suffering from dehydration with Pacquiao not suffering from dehydration is very foolish. And Pacquiao having any ailments, whether shoulder, cramps, etc, is foolish to compare with Mayweather who possibly didn't suffer from shoulder, cramping, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      I understand, but there's no "deflection" here, just reflection. Manny Pacquiao was more than a fighter to some, he was their repository of utter unfounded belief. Some fans looked at Manny as the one who would silence mouthy brilliance and finally put Mayweather in his place. He failed to do so. But let me be honest and admit Mayweather is a repository of sorts as well, so are all sport figures. But in this relationship of idol and fan, lest we forget, there's a euphoria that plays into our perceptions as well.

"But I think I won the fight, but I hurt my shoulder," but Mayweather had an IV....
      Maybe you are being honest and it was not a deflection.

No problem but others have done that. Since this scandal, Floyd fans have used all kinds to deflect. From calling it a non-story, to then just a 1 day story, to then deflecting with Manny comments to Manny threads (back acne) to "well most boxers are on PEDs anyways"

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
        No, the problem is that I'm realizing that I'm giving you more credit than you deserved. My post? Your weekend of postings took a dive! You still can't admit to making a mistake on what "contributed to" means even with the provided definition, example and link!

You did it again. Explain to us all why you say that Floyd was excessively dehydrated if:
        - Floyd admits to always making weight easily
        - Floyd's weight was 146 before the IV
        - Floyd's weigh-in is as steady as his other previous weigh ins for WW. That is, at or around 146. See below.
        - Floyd's weight at 30 day mark was at 150.5. Further disproves any kind of excessive dehydration by Floyd.
        - USADA said took over 7 hours to get urine sample. So Floyd was supposedly dehydrated much longer than that. So plenty of time to correct this supposed problem. If it was an emergency, why did it take so long to resolve? Why wait for an IV? Sorry but it just does NOT add up.
        - On May 1st no intense workouts are done. Workouts have tapered off for a while now. Considering again that there are no weight issue, most athletes would know that an IV would therefore not be required. Radioraheem does not get this or does not want to get this point unfortunately.
        - Floyd said giving blood and urine contributed to Floyd's dehydration but Floyd didn't give blood for about 10 days and no, giving urine does not dehydrate you. Radioraheem does not want me to bring it up BUT Floyd and Ellerbe did!
        - Floyd is seen drinking lots of fluids throughout the weigh in event. Even during interviews.

Notice that there was no difference with Floyd's weight against Manny compared to any of his fights since he came back from retirement. You do not need to be an expert to realize that Floyd was NOT excessively dehydrated but continue with your line because it does make the rest of us realize your failure at capturing the obvious again and again.
        Floyd's weight against:
        - Berto - 146
        - Manny - 146
        - Maidana 2 - 146.5
        - Maidna 1 - 146
        - Guerrero - 146
        - Oriz - 146.5
        - Mosley - 146
        - Marquez - 146

I mentioned above 3 of 4 points that Floyd used as reasons that pointed to dehydration. None makes sense since, no blood, no urine, and no intense workouts occurred on May 1st. Floyd is experienced enough to know that an intense workout is not beneficial to you and can actually be harmful to you so close to the fight but Radioraheem may still bring this point up again.

So all you are left with is "dark urine" but I had very dark urine the other day after sitting at my desk for too long due to excessive work. When I eventually got up to urinate, guess what? It was extremely dark! Was I dehydrated? Possibly needed to drink some water but lucky for me, no IVs required.

Keep them coming RR .......
        Please continue to tell us how Floyd said blood and urine samples was the reason, or better yet CONTRIBUTION, behind his dehydration. Haha. Because that was your argument, which was foolish of you to make.

Next again, Mayweather's weight does not prove or disprove that he was dehydrated. So your entire wave of paragraphs is rendered useless. Just like someone can say Pacquiao punching with both arms doesn't disprove that an arm was not injured before the fight.

Then you also have no idea if Mayweather worked out, nor do you know his training regimen. So you cannot simply say, oh he didn't work out. You have no idea if he did or not. A Paramedic was on-site, and USADA as well. They both felt the IV was necessary and acceptable. None of your conspiracy theories hold up. And if you really believe they do, which is laughable, please go take this comedy up with the proper authorities and have them do something to the big bad Mayweather.

Hell, even submit an article to BS. Maybe you can help Hauser out. It's been 2 weeks now and I hear he's got a bad case of writer's block since his article got debunked.

Comment

• Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
          It is absolute comedy how illogical your entire post is.

Again, Pacquaio and Mayweather are 2 completely separate individuals who can and do have unique physical ailments. Their physical ailments or issues have absolutely nothing to do with random drug testing. Thus, comparing Floyd suffering from dehydration with Pacquiao not suffering from dehydration is very foolish. And Pacquiao having any ailments, whether shoulder, cramps, etc, is foolish to compare with Mayweather who possibly didn't suffer from shoulder, cramping, etc.
          Two completely separate individuals that were subjected to the same stringent testing procedures.

Comment

Two completely separate individuals that were subjected to the same stringent testing procedures.
            Yes, and again, both of them are unique individuals who can and do suffer from their own physical ailments. None of which has anything to do with random drug testing.

Comment

Yes, and again, both of them are unique individuals who can and do suffer from their own physical ailments. None of which has anything to do with random drug testing.
              Are you implying that the reason Floyd was the only one who was negatively affected by the drug testing is because he's genetically inferior to Pacquiao?

Comment

Are you implying that the reason Floyd was the only one who was negatively affected by the drug testing is because he's genetically inferior to Pacquiao?
                Floyd didn't claim that drug testing was the reason for his dehydration. Contrary, the first thing he blamed was possibly over training (over working).

Comment

Floyd didn't claim that drug testing was the reason for his dehydration. Contrary, the first thing he blamed was possibly over training (over working).

First it was "dark urine", now it's "overtraining". Reading your constant failed attempts to justify Floyd's use of IVs containing excessive amounts of saline is pure comedic gold.

Comment

First it was "dark urine", now it's "overtraining". Reading your constant failed attempts to justify Floyd's use of IVs containing excessive amounts of saline is pure comedic gold.
                    You are the fool here.

In the very video you posted, Mayweather responds saying that his urine was very dark, extremely dark, and that it could have been from overworking (over training). And yet, you try to say he blamed giving blood and urine samples. Owning yourself as usual in the process.

Comment

Please continue to tell us how Floyd said blood and urine samples was the reason, or better yet CONTRIBUTION, behind his dehydration. Haha. Because that was your argument, which was foolish of you to make.

Next again, Mayweather's weight does not prove or disprove that he was dehydrated. So your entire wave of paragraphs is rendered useless. Just like someone can say Pacquiao punching with both arms doesn't disprove that an arm was not injured before the fight.

Then you also have no idea if Mayweather worked out, nor do you know his training regimen. So you cannot simply say, oh he didn't work out. You have no idea if he did or not. A Paramedic was on-site, and USADA as well. They both felt the IV was necessary and acceptable. None of your conspiracy theories hold up. And if you really believe they do, which is laughable, please go take this comedy up with the proper authorities and have them do something to the big bad Mayweather.

Hell, even submit an article to BS. Maybe you can help Hauser out. It's been 2 weeks now and I hear he's got a bad case of writer's block since his article got debunked.
                      Sorry but you are completely wrong on this one.

I mentioned all 4 excuses brought up by Floyd as to why he was dehydrated. Ellerbe and Floyd mentioned them. It was not an invention of mine as you are trying to unsuccessfully do.

I brought up why 3 of 4 makes no sense and that the 4th one, if true, is not enough to mean that Floyd was or was not dehydrated enough to require an IV. My points are based on facts and circumstances based on credible probabilities.

You on the other hand just say "How do you know that Floyd didn't have an intense workout". Sorry but it just makes the people in the know realize that you don't know!!!

Furthermore, if Floyd makes weight easily and Floyd came in like he always does at 146 then where is this so called dehydration? To be dehydrated, Floyd had to come in less than that.

The formula is simple: Dehydration = fluid losses that decrease your body weight by at least 2%(mild dehydration).

Now add the above to what ACSM said:
                      Individuals needing rapid and complete recovery from excessive dehydration can drink ~1.5 L of fluid for each kilogram of body weight lost.

BUT there are several problems here.
                      - Floyd came in weight like he always does. What weight loss are Floyd fans seeing? Remember that Floyd came in at 150.5 at 30 day mark.
                      - The above comments say that drinking fluids can rapidly and completely recover you from excessive dehydration.
                      - Floyd was seen drinking a lot already at the weigh in.

Comment

Working...
                      X