Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather's IV injection (Master thread)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
    What is the hole exactly? What Bob Bennett said doesn't change what is still written in the rules, and why said writing exists, but whatever. I'm not surprised that they won't do anything about it.

Even Arum seemed shook to discuss this. If anything, I believe the circle-jerk goes beyond Mayweather. Who knows what clearly baloney things NSAC/USADA have let others slip by them in the past for money. That includes Pacman btw.
    Which rules were broken? NSAC's or USADA's? Can you explicitly point these rules out?

Comment

• Isn't there some take your blood out, spin it around & **** & put it back in your body treatment Dana White, Lebron & a bunch of baseball players have done for injuries that they've been hyping lately or the last few years? Don't recall the name, but I believe its Germany that are the main people doing it right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
        Which rules were broken? NSAC's or USADA's? Can you explicitly point these rules out?
        That would be WADA's which explicitly forbids the use of IVs for the treatment of mild to moderate dehydration or the issuance of TUEs per that reason.

"The use of IV infusions in sport is commonly linked with rehydration after exhaustive effort, and this situation is arguably the major cause of debate. It must be understood that the use of IV fluid replacement following exercise to correct mild to moderate dehydration is not clinically indicated nor substantiated by the medical literature. There is a well-established body of scientific evidence to confirm that oral rehydration is the preferred the****utic choice, potentially even more effective than IV infusion.
        (Ref: 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16) "

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Some reports suggest that administration of IV infusions, including dietary supplement and vitamin ****tails, are being provided to athletes for recuperation, recovery or lifestyle reasons. This medical practice is prohibited at all times without prior TUE approval. WADA has justified the inclusion of IV infusions on the Prohibited List given the intent of some athletes to manipulate their plasma volume levels in order to mask the use of a prohibited substance and/or to distort the values in the Athlete Biological Passport. Further, it must be clearly stated that the use of IV fluid replacement following exercise to correct mild rehydration or help speed recovery is not clinically indicated nor substantiated by the medical literature. There is a well-established body of scientific opinion to confirm that oral rehydration is the preferred the****utic choice. Legitimate medical indications for IV infusions are well documented and are most commonly associated with medical emergencies (emergency TUE), in-patient care, surgery, or clinical investigations for diagnostic purposes.
          In cases where IV infusions/injections are deemed medically necessary, good medical practice must ensure that: 1) a clear, well-justified diagnosis has been established; 2) no non-prohibited alternative treatment exists; 3) this treatment will not enhance performance other than to return the athlete to a normal state of health; 4) the treatment is administered by qualified medical personnel in an appropriate medical setting; and 5) adequate medical records of the treatment are maintained. Athletes and support personnel administering IV infusions which cannot be medically justified are committing an anti-doping rule violation (ADRV) whether or not the individual substances are prohibited. In such cases, both the athlete and the personnel administering the IV infusion may be sanctioned.
          The above spells out that:
          1) IV infusions are on the WADA prohibited list, which is what USADA uses.
          2) Prior TUE approval is required for IV infusions, which is not what Floyd got.
          3) Rehydration is not a legitimate reason for having an IV infusion of fluids. The page lists some other situations which would validate the use of IV fluids.
          4) There must be no alternative treatment available. The same page indicates that oral rehydration is the preferred alternative in Floyd's scenario.
          5) The treatment has to be administered by medical personnel in a medical setting, which was not the setting in which Floyd was given the IV fluids.
          6) The substances inside the IV need not be banned for the method to be considered an anti-doping violation.

There are multiple things that NSAC and USADA are intentionally looking past. USADA couldn't be more clear about it here. But then when you bring up Floyd Mayweather to them then it's suddenly a-OK?

For the record I don't necessarily believe Floyd did any PEDs. But he did break the rules, which were set in order to avoid having athletes dilute their blood to pass drug tests. The manner in which it's being swept aside is discomforting at best.

(From: http://www.usada.org/is-it-prohibite...-and-recovery/)
          Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-14-2015, 04:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GTTofAK View Post
            Congress and the FBI might have something to say about that. MLB thought it was over too.

And how does he know he did nothing wrong if he wont investigate?
            Congress and the FBI??? really??? i mean really?

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Well, this didn't last as long as I expected.

But considering what was presented it was never going to be changed to an NC Way too many holes.

But of course that would never stop the peoples hopes.
              Man i posted this,and the case is closed,but now they have moved the goal post to the FBI and Congress...lol they are praying the fight gets erased...LMFAO

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                Man i posted this,and the case is closed,but now they have moved the goal post to the FBI and Congress...lol they are praying the fight gets erased...LMFAO
                Bro, the point is that the NSAC/USADA are full of ****. They know what their own rules say, which I have pointed out in a post on the last page. They haven't come out with anything that debunks that.

I don't even care about the result of the May/Pac fight, or even what happens to Mayweather. The fact is that NSAC/USADA will say whatever at any point if it suits their interests, and we have to trust these people to perform testing and sanction fights in the future. The only way **** like this in boxing is going to be exposed is with outside intervention. I'm not gonna say the Congress or the FBI or whatever. But the point is that Bennett and Tygart were never gonna be the people to trust with treating this issue appropriately because they are phuckin in on it.
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 09-14-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Barry Bonds: 'Congress and the FBI??? Really?? I mean really?'

Comment

• Originally posted by BrometheusBob View Post
                    The above spells out that:
                    1) IV infusions are on the WADA prohibited list, which is what USADA uses.
                    2) Prior TUE approval is required for IV infusions, which is not what Floyd got.
                    3) Rehydration is not a legitimate reason for having an IV infusion of fluids. The page lists some other situations which would validate the use of IV fluids.
                    4) There must be no alternative treatment available. The same page indicates that oral rehydration is the preferred alternative in Floyd's scenario.
                    5) The treatment has to be administered by medical personnel in a medical setting, which was not the setting in which Floyd was given the IV fluids.
                    6) The substances inside the IV need not be banned for the method to be considered an anti-doping violation.

There are multiple things that NSAC and USADA are intentionally looking past. USADA couldn't be more clear about it here. But then when you bring up Floyd Mayweather to them then it's suddenly a-OK?

For the record I don't necessarily believe Floyd did any PEDs. But he did break the rules, which were set in order to avoid having athletes dilute their blood to pass drug tests. The manner in which it's being swept aside is discomforting at best.

(From: http://www.usada.org/is-it-prohibite...-and-recovery/)
                    A retroactive TUE takes effect from a date in the past, making it "prior approval".

What's the definition of an appropriate "medical setting"? What prevents a home from being one, as long as it's administered by a medical professional? The WADA guidelines state that a TUE is required for infusions outside hospital admissions etc. He got one.

Do you have some evidence of his "scenario" that proves an IV wasn't warranted. I'd like to see it if you do.

Ultimately, you've made some assumptions, and arrived at a decision. Doesn't really sound like "justice" if you ask me.

Comment

The Feds are already on the case. The same FBI that couldn't bring Lance down.

Comment

Working...
                      X