No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Under Hot Fire Over USADA/IV Scandal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't think rehydrating is an advantage but your point is fair.

Well, we don't know, you are correct.

It wasn't allowed under WADA protocols but was retroactively approved.

How is me discussing it in this thread brushing it aside? Respectfully, much of this same article has been discussed before on NSB.

the revelation about the IV is new and the exception as well. If you think the IV is the smoking gun, ok.
    Rehydrating without the use of an IV is not unfair. With it certainly is. That's why you need a TUE. Which was granted by an agency who had no right to grant it and did so multiple weeks after the fact.

The fact the Floyd was doing it at his home and they happened to show up to do testing makes it interesting as well. Had they not shown up would he even had declared that he did the IV? I'm guessing no, but maybe I'm wrong who knows.

I think this explains why he doesn't weigh in on fight night. He's never really looked tiny to me against bigger guys like Maidana or Ortiz. And he was much bigger then Manny on fight night at least. It's a competitive advantage rehydrating that way I'm assuming rather then just drinking water etc naturally.

The IV use is not even a new thing. They mentioned it after the fight when they turned down Mannys request for the Torodol. It's come back up now with this article. I think the thing we should take away from all of this is USADA should not be trusted when it's the fighters paying the nut themselves for the testing. All it takes is one person on the take and anything goes.

I wouldn't be surprised if every single top guy cheats. We've seen the Patriots, Jon Jones, guys like Mosely,Roy,Toney, etc in boxing. Multiple base ball players of course... It's in their nature to be the best of the best at all costs.

I'd be fine with no testing in every sport. I don't play so I don't care. It was better when nobody gave a fk honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bird1 View Post
      Exactly that last sentence is what I meant. "First, he uses these drugs for tissue repair. Then he can stay on them until he announces his next fight, at which time he***8217;s the one who decides when the next round of testing starts. And by the time testing starts, the drugs have cleared his system."

So when the fight is announced his system is already out of the supposed PEDs. That makes me wonder why he would flush out PEDs the night before the fight. Surely I don't think he would risk taking any illegal substances during the testing period.
      He could have used a banned substance to make weight(or w/e else) and then the IV to gain weight and dilute the substance. It also perhaps only detectable via blood, since Floyd was only urine tested at the time of the IV.

But I don't know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
        Mayweather is the most hated athlete in sports and one of the most hated men in the world.
        a diva princess, women beater, criminal, and now confirmed cheat hahahahahahahhahaha.

this punk brought it on himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
          1. considering its 2015, it could be a myriad of things.

-because he gets tested after the fight
          -because its most beneficial during training. ill let victor conte say it better:

The benefits that an athlete retains from using anabolic steroids and certain other PEDs carry over for months. Anybody who knows anything about the way these drugs work knows that you don***8217;t perform at your best when you***8217;re actually on the drugs. You get maximum benefit after the use stops. I can***8217;t tell you what Floyd Mayweather is and isn***8217;t doing. What he could be doing is this. The fight is over. First, he uses these drugs for tissue repair. Then he can stay on them until he announces his next fight, at which time he***8217;s the one who decides when the next round of testing starts. And by the time testing starts, the drugs have cleared his system.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...pacquiao-fight
          Great point by Conte and could be one of the main reasons that for the last few fights Mayweather is waiting longer and longer to announce the fight. Many have said it is for an advantage over his fighter so he can train for the fight while his opponent doesn't officially know if the fight is on or not. But maybe he is doing this to get more PED usage in before he has to start flushing his system and slowly getting off the PEDs. Because from a promotion standpoint it makes no sense to wait till the last minute and shorten your promotion window. Sorry Floyd dyck riders this ain't going away. This will have lasting effects on his career and reputation.

Comment

• IV usage is common in Combat sports for hydration. MMA uses it a lot. Oscar used it before he fought Pac. Now this fall there will be sweeping bans for IV and MMA is seriously effected because a lot of fighters use them. And UFC runs tons of shows in Vegas so Nevada has to be aware.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/for-ufc-fighters-the-ban-on-iv-use-is-coming-but-will-it-matter

Comment

• Originally posted by drenlou View Post
              Maybe a no contest for breaking WADA code, if WADA was the agency distributing the tests...Floyd is in Hot Water right now, lets see what he says in the coming days/weeks.. But is it possible Bertos chances just got better? I think so, Floyd could be a distracted man going into the ring saturday night! We'll see soon enough.
              He could be a dehydrated man lol.

Comment

• Overall the general populace is getting dumber and dumber ....

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  I was thinking of making a thread titled : Can Berto capitalize on a distraught Mayweather?
                  I think the fight just took an interesting turn...Berto might just be the guy to capatilize on these circumstances..

Comment

• Originally posted by M.I Truth ? View Post
                    IV usage is common in Combat sports for hydration. MMA uses it a lot. Oscar used it before he fought Pac. Now this fall there will be sweeping bans for IV and MMA is seriously effected because a lot of fighters use them. And UFC runs tons of shows in Vegas so Nevada has to be aware.

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/07/for-ufc...will-it-matter
                    For severely drained fighters perhaps. And fighters that go through the proper channels to legally get those TUE's.

I don't know about those MMa fighters, but of the two boxers I can think of that I know used an IV are De la Hoya vs Pacquiao and Toney vs Jones, and both were severely drained and likely went through the proper channels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
                      Mayweather is the most hated athlete in sports and one of the most hated men in the world.
                      Beating women left and right and going on a phony crusade about cleaning up boxing and accusing others of being on PEDs all while you are a hypocrite on PEDs will do that that for you.

Comment

Working...
                      X