Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B.U.R.N.E.R View Post
    In your opinion what is his best win?

What in the hell is going on. Clock ticking on his prime years.

Would be a shame for boxing to see him finally step in competition to only lose to being past it.
    Hilarious!

GGG is selling out MSG while headlining his first ppv event in a unification fight vs Lemieux. After that he is mandatory for another unification battle against one of the biggest names in boxing, either Cotto or Canelo. And Andy Lee has just come out and said he wants GGG next in yet another unification fight.

Golovkin is on course to become boxings only unified, undisputed champion and gaining more fans every time he climbs into the ring.

I can't think of any other fighter who is making better use of his prime years than Golovkin.

If you want an example of a fighter totally wasting and frittering away his prime, Andre Ward is the man you should be pointing the finger at.

Comment

• Originally posted by Meldrick_ View Post
      Canelo is the only possible notable opponent in middlewieght. GGG should move up if he and his team want big fights.
      When is Andre Ward fighting Kovalev? Anybody have any news on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
        because he's part white

or maybe they don't like the Korean side

or maybe because he's from Kazakhstan

Definitely not his personality or character, that's for sure. Probably the above.
        Most of the GGG haters are also Haymon fanboys, and Golovkin is one of the poster boys for their hero's hated rival, HBO.

I'm sure that's the reason for a lot of the trolling that goes on in GGG related threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          He won't reach past prime as long as he keeps fighting the guys he is fighting. Lemieux, who's next Lee? then Saunders? Fighters who became past prime at 33+ was after a decade+ of being in wars and moving up in weight classes, losing reflexes like Chavez Sr, Whitaker, Jones Jr (Had moved through 4 weight classes then back down at 34 when he lost). The guys you speak of, they fought future HOF'ers and fought tough opposition in higher weight classes by 33. It takes a toll on your body. GGG has been through no such obstacles and will never be at 160.
          No he will, it happen to every athletes.

at averages athletes reach prime at the age 27 and start past it at age 31-32, i seen this a lot in many sports mainly soccer, basketball and of course boxing but boxing is kinda special because the punishment the athletes take.

the first thing i notice at this aging athltes are the drop at stamina and pace. i read some article about this and it says there're several reason for this, the big one are aging, life style and injuries it also says because many athletes had saturation with exercise, their's hour at the gym or exercise field reduce.
          i kinda understand, i mean after 20 years doing the same routine most of us will get sick of it. ofcourse some athlets like Floyd and b-hop with their intense dedication are exception.

let's hope GGG fall in Floyd or B-hop category, i kinda wanna see him in mega fight while still in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            When is Andre Ward fighting Kovalev? Anybody have any news on that?
            If Andre Ward fights Kovalev it will be awesome, but he can receive good fights at 168 too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
              I can see your point but Martin Murray by a mile. I say that because Martin Murray got screwed in Argentina against Sergio Martinez. If he wasn't he would have been lineal Middleweight champ.
              Yeah my bad, meant Murray. I get Macklin & Murray confused cuz of their initials or something idk.

Comment

• People keep bringing up his age like he's had all this time and opportunities to fight the top dawgs. He turned pro late, was further delayed due to promotional issues and most recently being ducked by the hymen's.

Only now are the fights opening up for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  People keep bringing up his age like he's had all this time and opportunities to fight the top dawgs. He turned pro late, was further delayed due to promotional issues and most recently being ducked by the hymen's.

Only now are the fights opening up for him.
                  He's been a pro 9 years. That's more than enough time to have faced a top fighter.

Comment

• I'm tired of the hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      He's been a pro 9 years. That's more than enough time to have faced a top fighter.
                      Did you read what I said? He hasn't had the opportunity till now.

Unless you know of an elite fighter(s) he missed the opportunity to fight before this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X