Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    You mean when he fights someone much bigger than himself?

GGG is a small middleweight. He fought at super lightweight in the amateurs.

Golovkin produced more excitement in any one of his fights than Mayweather did in his entire career.
    He also fought at 165. Moving to 168 shouldn't be an issue, unless he's afraid to be handed his overrated ass.

At almost 34, the guy doesn't have a single defining fight, not one. His next fight won't cut it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      You mean when he fights someone much bigger than himself?

GGG is a small middleweight. He fought at super lightweight in the amateurs.

Golovkin produced more excitement in any one of his fights than Mayweather did in his entire career.
      It's easy to be exciting when you're fighting bums. Floyd actually was more exciting when he was facing the same level of opposition.

Comment

If Cotto beats Canelo there's a good chance he doesn't fight GGG.

Canelo has huge juevos though and I think he would feel ashamed if he didn't fight GGG.

Aside from those two, Golovkin is on track to becoming Undisputed Middleweight Champion. People might not enjoy the resume, but enjoy the feat of becoming Undisputed because nobody wants to become Undisputed anymore these days except the guys at HW.

Comment

This is a classic case of too good for his own good. The juice isn't worth the squeeze. Lotsa top guys or guys with heat on them for a period been in this situation before although its unusual he's so old still in this position. And really its hard to blame either side.

GGG needs names on his resume, but doesn't wanna get screwed outta money & the opponents wanna fight top guys, but they also wanna get the credit they deserve & the right money when they agree to fight those top guys. These things seldom meet in the middle when a unknown guy (for much of his reign in GGG's case) is a really good unknown guy (as GGG obviously is). Now GGG is starting to get more & more eyes on him with each fight so I think we are nearing the end of this being the case.

I think Geale or Macklin were probably GGG's best win.

Comment

There's so much salt on this thread,its unreal.

Comment

Golovkin's best win his Sergey Khomitsky. It's about due time people give Khomitsky the credit he deserves.

Comment

The most realistic hope is Canelo beats Cotto then fights GGG. Hopefully some exciting MW prospects start to emerge by then.

Cotto has made it pretty clear he won't do it.

And GGG simply isn't big enough for 168.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  Everybody and their momma wants to fight Floyd. Lara and ward pulled his card and he flinched. He's not built like that
                  I really do pray you're not white. The way you speak, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
                    And GGG simply isn't big enough for 168.
                    Really? And all the great fighters that moved up in weight were big enough?

Comment

Originally posted by Doritos View Post
                      I really do pray you're not white. The way you speak, lol.
                      Why are you obsessed with my race? And what was wrong about what I said?

Comment

Working...
                      X