Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Triple G is now 33 years old with no notable wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
    Again.

GGG fighting a guy like Floyd or Cotto...Guys who fought at 140 not long ago, does NOT make for a middleweight legend.

ATG nominee... Rejected!
    Yes, the pez is back

Comment

• I like GGG but at 33 he is P4P the best showcase fighter ever

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
        Again.

GGG fighting a guy like Floyd or Cotto...Guys who fought at 140 not long ago, does NOT make for a middleweight legend.

ATG nominee... Rejected!
        Spot on, nuff said

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
          You mean when he fights someone much bigger than himself?

GGG is a small middleweight. He fought at super lightweight in the amateurs.

Golovkin produced more excitement in any one of his fights than Mayweather did in his entire career.
          GGG is a small middleweight? WTF? Floyd started his career at 130 and guys like you whine because he won't meet a 160-pounder at 154. Yet, you make excuses for the 33-year old guy who has never fought a significant opponent by saying he is a small middleweight. What bulls...t!

It's easy to look good when you are beating stiffs! You don't know a damn thing about Mayweather's career prior to him arriving at 147. If you did, you damn sure wouldn't make that asinine comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            People keep bringing up his age like he's had all this time and opportunities to fight the top dawgs. He turned pro late, was further delayed due to promotional issues and most recently being ducked by the hymen's.

Only now are the fights opening up for him.
            Wtf. He turned pro at 24. He's been in the game almost a decade.

I definitely feel like the people talking about his team f#cking up things for him to some degree is on point. I'm of the opinion a very low tiny % of elite level boxers are actively avoiding fights or opponents so I feel like GGG would be down for fighting anyone. His team however might feel different cuz to them GGG is a product that can increase or decrease in level as much as a man & they are steering the boat more than GGG.

Comment

• this must feel good

martin murray could easily have gotten the W over martinez. that's certainly a notable win. no, murray isn't a world beater, but he's not a bum.

golovkin has beaten a lot of teh contenders at 160. the rest, including cash cows cotto and canelo alvarez, will not fight him.

i have golovkin as the best fighter on the planet at 160 right now. so would vegas if he were to fight anybody on the planet who campaigns at or below 160 lbs.

the best fighter at 154 or below is floyd mayweather, and i don't think he'd have enough gas to keep golovkin off of him. he'd probably win rounds, but eventually golovkin would stop caring about what was coming back and put floyd down.

i recognize that you have some kind of agenda orienting your posts.

golovkin is not a bad fighter. the idea that he's protected is just ridiculous. he is avoided. not having big names on your resume because you won't fight them is what you see a protected fighter do.

not having names on your resume because sergio martinez, miguel cotto, canelo alvarez, and peter quillin pee a little when they hear your name, is different.

Comment

• Triple G is the most irrelevant fighter in the game today. This guy has received as much hype over the last three years from HBO as Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya and Pacquaio ever did in their careers. Yet, the largest live audience he has attracted is 9,000 and his ratings are nothing more than average.

Now, 10 years after he started fighting professionally, he is finally stepping up to fight B(-) level fighter and his worshippers on this site think it is the second coming of Hagler/Hearns. Pathetic!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                  GGG is a small middleweight? WTF? Floyd started his career at 130 and guys like you whine because he won't meet a 160-pounder at 154. Yet, you make excuses for the 33-year old guy who has never fought a significant opponent by saying he is a small middleweight. What bulls...t!

It's easy to look good when you are beating stiffs! You don't know a damn thing about Mayweather's career prior to him arriving at 147. If you did, you damn sure wouldn't make that asinine comment.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    this must feel good

martin murray could easily have gotten the W over martinez. that's certainly a notable win. no, murray isn't a world beater, but he's not a bum.

golovkin has beaten a lot of teh contenders at 160. the rest, including cash cows cotto and canelo alvarez, will not fight him.

i have golovkin as the best fighter on the planet at 160 right now. so would vegas if he were to fight anybody on the planet who campaigns at or below 160 lbs.

the best fighter at 154 or below is floyd mayweather, and i don't think he'd have enough gas to keep golovkin off of him. he'd probably win rounds, but eventually golovkin would stop caring about what was coming back and put floyd down.

i recognize that you have some kind of agenda orienting your posts.

golovkin is not a bad fighter. the idea that he's protected is just ridiculous. he is avoided. not having big names on your resume because you won't fight them is what you see a protected fighter do.

not having names on your resume because sergio martinez, miguel cotto, canelo alvarez, and peter quillin pee a little when they hear your name, is different.
                    Anyone from 154-168lbs doe... unless it's Lara or Andre Ward.

Comment

• Originally posted by big_james10 View Post
                      Triple G is the most irrelevant fighter in the game today. This guy has received as much hype over the last three years from HBO as Mayweather, Oscar De La Hoya and Pacquaio ever did in their careers. Yet, the largest live audience he has attracted is 9,000 and his ratings are nothing more than average.

Now, 10 years after he started fighting professionally, he is finally stepping up to fight B(-) level fighter and his worshippers on this site think it is the second coming of Hagler/Hearns. Pathetic!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X