Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here would criticize Mayweather if he fought GGG?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    It would be hard to criticize Floyd if he was seen to take a risk. He has been fighting quite a long time, being lauded as the best. Yet has NEVER ever done anything his peers haven't already done. He fought Pac, but JMM already fought him 4 times. He fought Canelo, but so did old man SSM without a CW. Floyd needs to do something others haven't and he needs to take a risk. GGG at 160. At 154 he would get criticized. But Floyd has always said its about the money and not legacy anyway.
    Lol....it took 4x and PAC doesn't have 1 decisive win....jmm does

SSM lost...they both lost to pbf doe

He already has done what they haven't, beat every opponent clearly....no need for trilogies

Beat every 1 in his career clearly at least once not 1/4 or none out of 4

Comment

It's unrealistic fight, I hope people stop talking about it. It doesn't hurt anyone for the fight not to happen. there is a huge difference in size and power, Martinez was possible, and Mayweather didn't have the balls to make the fight happen, so GGG is impossible.

Comment

At 154? Would be like Ward/Dawson

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          the criticizism would be, Floyd waited for GGG to get old. Floyd will aways be in a lose lose situation. Floyd is the only fighter that turns ducks into cherries.
          Lmao you buggin. No one would say that, not even spoon. GGG wasn't popular when he was younger, and no one was asking for the fight then. Back then if there was any MW they wanted, it was Sergio. At least when people say a fighter was old when Mayweather fought them, it's 1) objectively true and 2) they were calling for the fight for years, not just when he got old.
          It's still an excuse for losing, but not one that came out of thin air like the one you're suggesting.

Comment

Canelo is gonna end up fighting him.

When we see what Golovkin does to Canelo..

Mayweather will be glad he never took that fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              You're overrating GGG bro. These guys don't think much of him they just believe he has the size and strength to beat Floyd. At 154 GGG would be drained. His only advantage over Floyd is size and power. At 160 he's lean, in order to make 154 he might have to strip muscle mass off which would weaken him especially when you're almost 34 years of age.

And people hate Floyd so much they would find any excuse to discredit the win. At 154 Floyd would likely win and I've heard several boxers say the weight would make a huge difference. At 160 GGG would likely be too big and strong.
              GGG makes 160 comfortably. He's come in at 159 before even 158 I believe. He's not even a big middleweight to begin with.

I think he could make 154. Regardless,
              I don't care which weight is at, of Floyd was to beat GGG now at almost 40 years old. Don't tell me that wouldn't be his best win.

Comment

mayweather would deserve nothing but praises win or lose. Daring to be great is a rare trait in humans once we get comfortable we rarely like to leave the safety of our comfort.

Mayweather vs GGG 2016

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  Lol....it took 4x and PAC doesn't have 1 decisive win....jmm does

SSM lost...they both lost to pbf doe

He already has done what they haven't, beat every opponent clearly....no need for trilogies

Beat every 1 in his career clearly at least once not 1/4 or none out of 4
                  You clearly going off on a tangent here. I said Floyd has never took risks and he just fights who everybody else fights. He was commened for fighting Pac, but JMM already fought pac 4 times, so why does Floyd get a bravery medal but JMM doesn't? Miguel fought Sergio because Floyd was too scared and dithered too much, same now with GGG.

Originally posted by OnTheirBacks! View Post
                  mayweather would deserve nothing but praises win or lose. Daring to be great is a rare trait in humans once we get comfortable we rarely like to leave the safety of our comfort.

Mayweather vs GGG 2016
                  How come you knew what I was saying but our friend therealpugilist didn't? I think we have a fanboy in realpugilist

Comment

Whoever thought he would be critise for fighting Mosley? Hatton? Canelo? 2 hours later it was Oldsley, Hatton was 140, and canelo wanted 154. Like Mayweather gets younger also.
                    Last edited by Ray*; 09-04-2015, 04:59 AM.

Comment

Floyd likes to pretend that his criticism is all by coincidence. As if true great fighters got criticised for no reason. But every reasonable person knows that his criticism is for a well deserved reason.

Comment

Working...
                      X