Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who took the killer instict from pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marquez KO...

Comment

I don't buy this "loss of killer instinct" story.

Comment

Jinkee. Obviously.

And the lack of Steroids.

Comment

Margarito took his prime with him Pac was never the same after that fight . JMM took ever bit of taking risk out of him in other words he took the dog fight out of Pac and the same time soft him up for Mayweather

Comment

THE GOOD LIFE

/thread

Comment

his dumbass disposition brought him down

Comment

lol @ Floyd's fans' comments in this thread.

I don't know about what was said on BoxingScene, but I was on another forum at the time of the Pac/Rios fight and the discussion there was rampant with people doubting his killer instinct before, during, and after the fight. I myself was glad to see Pac fighting well, but I did not doubt that his approach, while fundamentally the same, seemed to be without the same relentlessness of the good 'ol days. The Bradley rematch, Algieri fight, and May/Pac buildup hype failed to restore my impression of Manny though I fully believed he was still sharp and physically capable of doing better than he ended up doing.

Say what you will, but I think the Marquez fight took a lot out of him along with some of the other things mentioned in this thread and I don't truly believe Floyd fans were completely oblivious to this as they seem to be acting now.

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                The difference between a mercenary and two people fighting over the last spot on a lifeboat.
                I understand the difference but you're acting like those two things are on two different scales. (ie It sounds like one is more extreme than the other, but what's being compared seems the same to me) When Manny fans say he lost his killer instinct, your post is what we're referring to. Most of us didn't doubt Manny's ability, but we didn't think he was as "hungry" as you would put it.

Comment

I believe all have to do with his lack of aggression or killer instinct. Religion plays a huge role, as well as age and the big lose. Politics was a problem at one point but doesn't seem to bring as much attention it once did. Personally I just don't think he wants to fight anymore but does so for the cash flow.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Age. Religion. Politics. Those were the big three.

You can see he lost a lot of his killer instinct and more importantly, his explosiveness during the Margarito fight, depending on how you look at it, but certainly didn't look like his old self against Mosley.

Mostly though it's just age & wear & tear. He had an offensive style that put him into a lot of wars, meaning his body had been through A LOT from the age of 16 til now. That's a whole lot of mileage. The smaller weight classes typically age faster as it is, but consider the punishment his body went through early on in his career, the middle of his career and later in his career, so by the time he was in his early 30's to mid 30's, naturally he wasn't in his prime anymore. There obviously wasn't any one single opponent, the guy has had about 65 fights.
                    Great post, agreed plus it's hard to maintain that hunger once fighters start making more money

Comment

age , success and his new found religion

Comment

Working...
                      X