Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who took the killer instict from pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who took the killer instict from pacman?

After roach ssying manny realized his killer instinct was gone it got me thinkin.
    In 2009 he had his last k.o.yes,i realize he faught bigger men but im talking bout the way he approached fights his mentality his willingnes to get you out of there .

2010 he had become a politician and seemed to have started showing signs of pitty for his opponents cotto and margs and took a toll on his training
    2011 he had that fall out with jinkee over booze n hookers and found a new religion. Thats when we saw a big shift in mannys demeanor. Focusing on being at her feet and playing to his new religion
    2012 jmm ktfo6
    Or was it his trainer Freddie who let manny do what he wanted train in the Philippines show up whenever he wanted and train how he wanted
    Political career
    11.11%
    Jinkee/new religion
    33.33%
    JMM and the ktfo6
    54.17%
    Freddy Roach
    1.39%
    Last edited by twrx; 08-18-2015, 06:07 PM.

Margarito...

Manny dominated, but margaritos body shots zapped him and manny was never explosive or really high volume after that..

Comment

Imo
      Margarito did and he also ended pacs prime .
      Bradley fight showed signs of pacs demise

Marquez iced pac and he became shot to bits.

Rios fight showed pac was done on the top level
      Algeiri fight further cemented that.

Floyd fight showed it was a money grab nothing more.

Comment

religion all marketing doe.
        marquez took his soul

Comment

Margarito

Pacquaio was beat down, although he gave Margarito a one sided beatdown (so it apperared to the naked eye) he took more punishment in that fight then he has ever had. I saw a video clip after the post fight where he said he has never been hit that hard before in his life and that he might retire after this bout cause he thought about quitting in the ring, and also at one point he just squatted down in pain and sat their squatted down hugging his body in pain.

That fight was a real tough fight for him reason why he wont take on any more bigger guys.

Comment

Age. Religion. Politics. Those were the big three.

You can see he lost a lot of his killer instinct and more importantly, his explosiveness during the Margarito fight, depending on how you look at it, but certainly didn't look like his old self against Mosley.

Mostly though it's just age & wear & tear. He had an offensive style that put him into a lot of wars, meaning his body had been through A LOT from the age of 16 til now. That's a whole lot of mileage. The smaller weight classes typically age faster as it is, but consider the punishment his body went through early on in his career, the middle of his career and later in his career, so by the time he was in his early 30's to mid 30's, naturally he wasn't in his prime anymore. There obviously wasn't any one single opponent, the guy has had about 65 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by nivek535 View Post
              religion all marketing doe.
              marquez took his soul
              I don't think it's all marketing, he seems borderline nutty on religion. But it was played up to give him that good guy image.

Still I think the KO was the worst factor easily. Physically and mentally tough thing to go through.

Comment

I will go with success.

When someone achieves success beyond their wildest dreams, it is hard to keep that furnace that burns insides that hot over the long run. Once that fuel is gone from the early days, it usually doesn't come back like in Rocky III.

Comment

Marquez ko, he was still very aggressive in that fight. Every fight since he was shown more caution and patience

Comment

The lack of PED'S

Comment

Working...
                    X