Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Antonio Tarver: Tell Me Why I Don't Deserve Klitschko?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    USS threw more and landed more. The draw was an atrocity. Will they ever stop robbing Cunningham?

I called it yesterday. I said that it would go to the scorecards and Cunningham would decry "robbery."

When will Cunningham and his inept trainer Richardson realize that their usually strategy of boxing and moving doesn't lend itself to good decisions on judges scorecards?

Cunningham was in "touching" Tarver with a lot of punches all night, but he didn't make those punches impressionable to the judges. Steve needs to really sit down and dig in his punches and do some damage. He didn't do that, he never does that and that's why he always comes up short on the scorecards.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      Hmm...because you did steroids and you've never beaten a top 20 heavyweight? Oh wait, that actually qualifies you to be a "mandatory" for bum hunter Klitchko. My bad Antonio.
      You mean qualify him to be a Wilder opponent, there fixed it for you

Comment

Just feed Tarver to Wilder. That would be a better fight then the trash man that they are paying the WBC to rank.

Comment

because you are old and fat. why don't this guy just ask for free money or donations, something like that?

Comment

Because you don't want to fight a top contender to earn the shot and drew against the guy you just fought! You and Shannon Briggs should fight to get rid of one of you and then the winner can fight a contender and get sent home.

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

get lost tarver. didn't this punk get caught for peds too?????? PBC is such a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                You and Shannon Briggs should fight
                This...........

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                  I called it yesterday. I said that it would go to the scorecards and Cunningham would decry "robbery."

When will Cunningham and his inept trainer Richardson realize that their usually strategy of boxing and moving doesn't lend itself to good decisions on judges scorecards?

Cunningham was in "touching" Tarver with a lot of punches all night, but he didn't make those punches impressionable to the judges. Steve needs to really sit down and dig in his punches and do some damage. He didn't do that, he never does that and that's why he always comes up short on the scorecards.
                  Exactly. I'm so tired of his whining after every close loss or draw.

He often looks like he COULD win, for example in his second loss to Adamek, but inexplicably Cunningham doesn't "turn it up" and go on the offensive when he needs to.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

I disagree. It was precisely because he was trying to do damage to Tarver that he put himself in harm's way and allowed Tarver to hurt him. The few occasions where he boxed and moved Tarver wasn't able to do anything. Even if that's not the most eye catching way to win rounds, if you're completely nullifying your opponent it's impossible to score the round for the non-aggressor.

Cunningham just isn't built to be a brawler. He doesn't possess the chin, the power, the explosiveness, the accuracy or the tightness of technique to come out on top of any exchanges against decent opponents. He can be effective in bursts, but he's primarily an outside boxer, and that's what he needs to remember.

Comment

Tarver is just talking himself up in hopes of getting a big payday. He is 46, needs to get some serious bucks, but then he definitely needs to stop ******** or he'll croak off way in debt, or will mysteriously 'disappear'. Tarver the HW though, geez I keep waiting for him to improve but it doesn't seem as if that will happen. I wish the guy well, and hope he does land the Klitchko lotto, but it won't be from HW accomplishments in the ring. And really, if you look at some of the lower-talent guys he's fought over the past 10 years, Wlad fighting Tarver really isn't a stretch. I'm talking about Leapai, Mormeck, Brock, maybe even Pianeta... Tarver could hang with any of them. So hey, with the bar that low, why not a 'retirement fight' for him? No, he isn't a top HW, but then which of those 4 are? Crazy talk I know, but I'm just hoping the guy gets financially secure so he can retire once and for all. Crazy as that sounds.

I'd agree with some on here about Cunningham, he does need to stick to outside boxing. His size restricts him, although if we go back 35-40-50-60 years, many small HWs made alotta noise in the division. Ezzard Charles and some others come to mind. Extremely tough fighters. Cunningham could try setting down more on his punches, but like previously said, then he exposes his questionable chin. I've said it before, the guy really is in no man's land. Even CW would be a tough division for him now. I've watched some interviews with him though, he could do commentating when he retires, or train fighters. At least he has something to fall back on.

Comment

Working...
                      X