Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd talks about how Rogers health influenced his retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forget roger, sounds like floyd himself is mentally deteriorating he sounds heavily punch drunk and unable to even finish a sentence and he's only in his 30's. By his 50's looks like he'll be in far worse shape than roger if he even makes it that far

Comment

• Originally posted by kardsufur View Post
      forget roger, sounds like floyd himself is mentally deteriorating he sounds heavily punch drunk and unable to even finish a sentence and he's only in his 30's. By his 50's looks like he'll be in far worse shape than roger if he even makes it that far
      Red K for being a phagget

Comment

forget roger, sounds like floyd himself is mentally deteriorating he sounds heavily punch drunk and unable to even finish a sentence and he's only in his 30's. By his 50's looks like he'll be in far worse shape than roger if he even makes it that far
        He gave a 26 min speech at nevada hof just a week ago and it was immaculate imo

Comment

floyd had ADHD or OCD one of those types of things,he said it himself his mind is racing 24/8 and thats why he jumps from topic to topic

plus i rmemember watching a ALL ACCESS episode where his homie P-Reala set up his wine cellar and once floyd saw it he told him the entire thing had to be redone because "the logos werent facing the right way"

that sounds like ADD to me

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
            Stop lying. People have been referring to the Mayweather's as crackheads for yrs and both of them are sick af. Roach has always been babysat by everyone because of his illness. Only recently have we started going in on that ol ******ed cook and he deserves it. He is a robotic jerk!

The Mayweather's are harmless adorable old men who talk trash. I could hang with them before I hang with Roach. He is a personalityless stiff!
            Really? Roger was convicted of battery-strangulation on a female and it's not that long ago.

Here he is threatening to beat up some female after getting pepper sprayed for apparently aggressively hitting on them:

Comment

• Only thing that influenced Floyd's retirement is this man:

Khan catches Floyd like that once and it's game over Cherryweather.

Comment

• Mayweather explains why Uncle Roger's health influenced his decision tor etire

it very sad.....uncle Roger is one of my favorite boxing personalities'

we don't play boxing....we fight

damn right, health comes first!!!!!

Comment

• nice interview, actually.

there are plenty of places for the guy holding the camera to ask questions to better focus floyd, but there's good content in there. compelling stuff.

i knew roger was in a bad spot, but i didn't know he was wandering around las vegas, and walking 20 miles to get home on the night before the pacquiao fight. that's scary.

for those two don't know, roger mayweather is the second most successful boxer in the mayweather family. floyd SR wasn't as good. he was talented, but had a strange career.

roger was a power puncher, and in a lot of exciting fights. he was knocked out pretty brutally. he had a style that saw him take a lot of punishment. he fought julio cesar chavez, rocky lockridge, and pernell whitaker, among others. two time world champion, IIRC. solid 130 lber.

longer reach than floyd, if you can believe that. crazy long arms for a 130 lber.

Comment

• roger mayweather can hardly talk.

this is a guy in his 50's. his 50's. people in their 50's should be able to talk.

this is what professional boxing does to people. this is what the accumulation of thousands of punches to the head in the gym and in professional fights will do to you.

take a good look at roger mayweather doing his best to try and talk, and failing. this is a man in his 50's.

Comment

• The top boxers often don't have anything visibly wrong with them. Look at Hagler, SRL, Vitali, Eubank, and many many more. The ones who got ko'ed a lot and were goalkeepers and journeymen, they are the ones who would have problems.

But Roger was probably like that when he was fighting and soon after retiring. But of course when you are no longer at your best you should think of getting out. I don't foresee BH ever not being able to talk as he is good defensively like Floyd is. I doubt Paul Malignaggi will show signs of punch drunkness.

But boxing is a risky business. That's why you learn to fight like Floyd does, or BH.

Comment

Working...
                      X