No announcement yet.

After beating Joe Frazier and George Foreman in 74, Ali fought Chuck Wepner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    Why are you so offended and angry that I have a different opinion than you? Because some other people agreed with my opinion that differs from yours it makes them my alts and friends? Get real man. God forbid anyone on here says something that you don't agree with.

At the end of the day, Ali fought Wepner, who sucked. Deal with it.
    Don't mind him.

He's one of those self entitled ******s.

Always a crazy combination.

Comment

• I don't think it's that fair that op singles out dreg opponents who still gave him some hard moments mind you, for Ali.

Ali fought bums MAINLY!

Frazier was a bum,
      Norton was a bum,
      Liston, Shavers, Spinks- all these guys were bums!

And alas... Sadly...

These were some of his best wins!

What has been shamefully promoted as a role model resume is in fact pathetic. Absolutely pathetic!

Comment

• There is literally no "must happen" fight out there for Floyd Mayweather. Pacquiao was that fight. Last fight or no, and glob do I hope this is it, Mayweather has no obligation to fight anyone. Quite frankly, it's sad that so many are still so obsessed with criticizing Mayweather. You should all be happy that he's retiring if you hate him so much.

I agree with PBP's take on this. Let Thurman and Khan and Brook and all these other welterweights who want Mayweather actually fight each other. Maybe if they had, Mayweather would have chosen one of them instead of Berto.

Honestly, my preferred welterweight opponent would have been Shawn Porter. At least Porter has consistently fought quality competition in and around his division and done well for himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
          I don't think it's that fair that op singles out dreg opponents who still gave him some hard moments mind you, for Ali.

Ali fought bums MAINLY!

Frazier was a bum,
          Norton was a bum,

And alas... Sadly...

What has been shamefully promoted as a role model resume is in fact pathetic. Absolutely pathetic!
          Ali's 'greatest ever' tag was created mainly in his self promotion. You could argue that Norton beat him three times and that Jimmy Young got robbed too.

Ironically, Chuck Wepner actually gave Ali a tough fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
            I don't think it's that fair that op singles out dreg opponents who still gave him some hard moments mind you, for Ali.

Ali fought bums MAINLY!

Frazier was a bum,
            Norton was a bum,

And alas... Sadly...

This makes no difference to the thread of course as its about who they fought in their era nlt comparing opponents across eras.

-----------

It really doenst matter to me who Mayweather fights tbh. Berto is a shocking opponent but for a retirement fight that i dont intend on staying up late for it doesnt affects my life in the slightest.

The amount people get annoyed by someone they claim not to care about is hilarious. Mayweather is a marketing genuis the way he keeps people talking about him

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              There is literally no "must happen" fight out there for Floyd Mayweather. Pacquiao was that fight. Last fight or no, and glob do I hope this is it, Mayweather has no obligation to fight anyone. Quite frankly, it's sad that so many are still so obsessed with criticizing Mayweather. You should all be happy that he's retiring if you hate him so much.

I agree with PBP's take on this. Let Thurman and Khan and Brook and all these other welterweights who want Mayweather actually fight each other. Maybe if they had, Mayweather would have chosen one of them instead of Berto.

Honestly, my preferred welterweight opponent would have been Shawn Porter. At least Porter has consistently fought quality competition in and around his division and done well for himself.
              Exactly this. The majority of WW contendors have done nothing to make themselves a must see opponent for Floyd. Only Pacquiao has taken the risks you need to.

Comment

• People love to talk about Floyd bring self entitled. But look at all their favorite fighters. Who the **** are they fighting?? There ain't too many guys with ATG level resumes out there abd there definiarebt too many of these young guys challenging themselves. It's funny because Floyd could get all the criticism in the world but his last 10 wins still dwarf every thing anyone ekse in the sport has done and it's not even really close. So I'm confused, why is the bar stacked so high that u could literally watch a guy achieve great things and not even understand it while at the same time watch a bunch of other guys do mediocre and be ok with it. Boxing has the most horrible fanbase on the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  There is literally no "must happen" fight out there for Floyd Mayweather. Pacquiao was that fight. Last fight or no, and glob do I hope this is it, Mayweather has no obligation to fight anyone. Quite frankly, it's sad that so many are still so obsessed with criticizing Mayweather. You should all be happy that he's retiring if you hate him so much.

Great post. I'd sympathise with them if they went out and fought each other last time out. Instead, they fought Gavin, Algieri, Vargas and Collazo. That's embarrassing imo.

Comment

• Haters will forever gonna hate. they will go rooting from one guy to another and will never give him his due. He has already proven himself and doesn't need to please anybody. they all got their shots, and still nothing happened. what can khan do? God.
                    Berto is nothing, it wont add or harm his legacy. at this point, floyd can just do whatever he wants. he will go probably go down as the best ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Great post. I'd sympathise with them if they went out and fought each other last time out. Instead, they fought Gavin, Algieri, Vargas and Collazo. That's embarrassing imo.
                      its so bad its almost funny.

Whats worse is only one of them did what he was supposed to do and got through the fight easily with no controversy (Brook) and he was fighting the easiest opponent.
                      Last edited by Tom Cruise; 08-09-2015, 08:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X