Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Matthysse, Postol Go Face To Face at Kickoff Presser

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    He won't have any choice, Matthysse is very good at closing distance and applying pressure.

Alexander got a gift over 10, not going into the Judah fight because it's circular, suffice to say I thought Matthysse won.
    So in other words "somebody's 0 has to go"

Comment

Soto/Orozco is going to be a WAR.

Hopefully Orozco doesn't pull out last minute like Soto's last 2 opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        So in other words "somebody's 0 has to go" :
        nah, just Postol's

Comment

Heh is thst all they give the fighter of the year? Some cheap trophy like I got in 3rd grade for participating in a sport?

I swear thst looks like one of those mass-produced 10 dollar joints

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Team postol will not be looking to exchange with him (obviously) the plan is to win on points.Im sure that if Alexander and Judah could decision Matthysee Postol has a good chance to pull the upset -- as I expect Lucas to come in as the favorite on the Moneyline , close call.
            agreed, they're gonna come in with the goal of outboxing Lucas from outside

lucas footwork has been great in some fights, awful in others, this should be a primary focus in his training

this is why i wish Lucas was with Abel Sanchez

Comment

The odds at Bet365.com as of right now

Lucas is 5/2 favorite to win the fight (bet $5 to win $2)

Postol is a 15/8 underdog to win the fight (bet $8 to win $15)

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Molina can punch though, by the looks of it Postol doesn't have heavy hands.

I don't really think Matthysse can be out-boxed, like Kovalev his offensive footwork is too good and output is too high. Garcia out-slugged him toe-to-toe over 12 but Postol won't be able to do that.

I don't think Matthysse is fading quite yet, Provodnikov arguably a career-best win.
                ... until the "magic stitch scratch" Garcia never out-slugged Lucas...
                ... and, finally, Lucas is going to get his rightful WBC belt...

Comment

Damn Postol is bigger than I thought, kind of worried about how Mathysse is going to deal with the size disadvantage but still war Mathysse.

Comment

I think lucas will take this.postol may trouble him for a few rounds but lucas will get to postol hurting him and eventually stopping him.Im not really a lucas fan but Iam rooting for him in this fight to finally become a world champion.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                      Damn Postol is bigger than I thought, kind of worried about how Mathysse is going to deal with the size disadvantage but still war Mathysse.
                      postol's height won't be the reason for him winning (if he wins), it'll be his skill IMO

lucas has beaten every fighter he's faced that was taller than him

edit: i think garcia was taller, so everyone except garica
                      Last edited by joesaiditstrue; 08-07-2015, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X