No announcement yet.

Did Showtime made money with Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AllBoxingAD View Post
    They tried to convince him to not retire and extend his contract.

What does that tell you?
    of course they want to be part of floyd-pac 2, they know if he doesnt extend his contract he goes and makes the fight with hbo for more money...

Comment

I don't know as I haven't seen all the numbers.

I think Showtime was making a big play going after the p4p guy as their flagship. In the mean time, HBO has been building up guys like GGG and Kovalev as well as putting on pretty good fights on a regular basis.

I don't know who has made more money, but I do know that HBO's boxing program is looking a lot healthier in the long term, even with Haymon trying to bring them down.

Comment

They haven't made decent fights in months now.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          They haven't made decent fights in months now.
          Obviously not a good sign. I see two possible interpretations. One is that they actually took significant losses with the Floyd deal and as a result is it coming out of Showtimes boxing budget. The second is the possibility that Les Moonves is simply busy diverting showtimes boxing resources to CBS (although possibly for the same reason).

Comment

Originally posted by H-Tok View Post
            If they really had "huge losses" why would they allow Floyd to take on Berto?

-let it sink in-

-be quiet-

/close_thread
            Its his last fight so they have no say He made money for them in 1 fight the rest were lost revenue since they're paying him 30 million

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady View Post
              Mayweather can fight whoever he wants at this stage of his career. Stephen Espinoza and showtime are pretty much powerless. Also they probably made their money back and more with Pacquiao-Mayweather

Showtime was just involved in the 2 most lucrative fights in the history of combat sports.

I would say they didn't lose anything by bringing floyd to showtime

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                Obviously not a good sign. I see two possible interpretations. One is that they actually took significant losses with the Floyd deal and as a result is it coming out of Showtimes boxing budget. The second is the possibility that Les Moonves is simply busy diverting showtimes boxing resources to CBS (although possibly for the same reason).

Showtime were only showing fights involving haymon fighters.

Haymon took his fighters too regular tv. So showtime is **** out of luck.

No haymon. No top rank. No gbp

It has nothing too do with floyd

Comment

Dont know about Showtime but i made money off his last fight

Comment

Originally posted by bluebeam View Post
                    Showtime were only showing fights involving haymon fighters.

Haymon took his fighters too regular tv. So showtime is **** out of luck.

No haymon. No top rank. No gbp

It has nothing too do with floyd
                    It may have nothing to do with Floyd, but in regards to Haymon I need to point out the connection between CBS and Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
                      It may have nothing to do with Floyd, but in regards to Haymon I need to point out the connection between CBS and Showtime.
                      shhhhhhhhhh.

They might hear you

Comment

Working...
                      X