Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golovkin won with his superior overall boxing technique and used it in the right way. Lemieux to have a shot needed to force Golovkin back but as early as the second round it was Lemieux falling back, which was not a route to him winning or even making the fight competitive.

I think Lemieux is a good fighter (albeit limited) and a bit different than most of the guys Golovkin has previously beaten up so I still think it was a decent enough test out of what was there at 160. I don't need to see him fight any other guys at 160 though as I don't think there are any questions for him to answer there.

Comment

• Originally posted by GOD-FR33 View Post
      Yes. I was amazed at his footwork as well. Wow. GGG is a great fighter. Nobody at middleweight is beating him. However, from a skill standpoint, I can see Canelo giving him fits!!!!!! GGG has holes defensively that a fast fighter can exploit. It'll be tough BUT it can be done.
      I agree. I think Cotto and Canelo would trouble him, but he has superior footwork to both as well as power that neither have felt before. I'm a huge Canelo fan, but I can't see him winning the fight

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
        I'm a ***** and I thought it was a great fight. It's possible to be a fan of both bud. Beside Floyd is retired and GGG is p4p #1 on my list.

Name a flaw. Just one. Other than relax and get tagged a bit after the knockdown as he tends to do which is definitely intentional, I saw a pretty flawless outing. His stance, ring generalship, balance, punch selection, punch form, combination punching, defense, and ring IQ was a c-hair from flawless from start to finish. Just list one of these "many flaws".
        Already listed them.

Go back and read them if you want to know.

Just because the performance was flawless doesn't mean he's a fighter without flaws. First off, no figjter is flawless and Golovkin doesn't isn't one of the ones that's close to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I don't understand why you find his fights boring, especially in the same post as mentioning a Ward fight. Or Lara as you mention sometimes too.
          I find Ward horrendously boring. At least he's been boring whilst outclasses top level fighters. I think Lara has put on some dazzling displays and been in good fights against top opponents. But he can also be boring.

The most boring thing I find in boxing is a guy bashing up a completely overmatched and ****ty opponent.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          Why would GGG fight these guys on regular HBO when he can fight and unify the MW titles on HBO PPV?
          Ward-Golovkin is HBO PPV. And a much bigger fight than David Lemiuex in every single way. Lara....maybe not but they chose to fight Willie Munroe on regular HBO instead of Lara.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          If Froch wants to fight - Go. Ward should focus on moving up to 175 because no one at 168 cares about his boring ass any more.
          You just embarrass yourself making statements like this. Andre Ward smacked the **** out of one of your heroes in Mikkel Kessler. Why would you run down one of the best fighters in the world?

You are telling me that if GGG knocked out Andre Ward, no one would care? He wouldn't easily become the P4P Number 1 fighter in boxing and an absolute megastar?

A win over Pepe Le Pew means more? GTFO

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
              I agree. I think Cotto and Canelo would trouble him, but he has superior footwork to both as well as power that neither have felt before. I'm a huge Canelo fan, but I can't see him winning the fight
              I don't want to count Alvarez out because he would definitely tag the **** out of Golovkin. He has fast, accurate hands. It would come down to how much those punches bothered Golovkin when they landed.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                I don't want to count Alvarez out because he would definitely tag the **** out of Golovkin. He has fast, accurate hands. It would come down to how much those punches bothered Golovkin when they landed.
                I think the main problem Alvarez is that he just doesn't do anything better than GGG, he's less intelligent, will not have a size advantage, he's not much faster, lacks stamina, lacks a good trainer, and his defense is less spectacular.

I honestly think the only fighter at middleweight that can pose problem for GGG was Lemule and that was based off a punchers chance.

Comment

• Waiting on the numbers to release.. this is the whole reason this fight exists.

To check GGG's PPV star possibility.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    Already listed them.

Go back and read them if you want to know.

Just because the performance was flawless doesn't mean he's a fighter without flaws. First off, no figjter is flawless and Golovkin doesn't isn't one of the ones that's close to it.
                    I have no idea how far back the post where you listed them was, I was just coming back into the thread after last night.

No fighter is flawless but Golovkin is one of the closest to it.

In no order: Golovkin/Lomachenko/Rigo/Roman/Kovalev

Are all the closest to perfect and fundamentally flawless as you can get. Mental, and strategic flaws are another story, but fundamentally and considering the intangibles of a man, this list is as close as it gets.

From a fundamental standpoint GGG did nothing wrong last night. Nothing. Textbook boxing, stalking, and execution.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I think GGG would do what he did last night against Alvarez: control range with the jab and make Canelo over-extend himself and waste physical/mental energy, break him down gradually with sneaky body shots and then stop him late. Canelo would have to take risks, something Lemieux didn't do much of.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 10-18-2015, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X