No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Luiz View Post
    I'm curious to see Lemieux's strategy. Golovkin usually start slow. Starts cautious or go for early KO?
    Monroe showed Golovkin isn't nearly as effective inside. He needs to keep the fight at close range, smother Golovkin and try to push him back. The question is can he generate the same amount of power at close range?

Comment

Originally posted by BertoRollin' View Post
      Monroe showed Golovkin isn't nearly as effective inside. He needs to keep the fight at close range, smother Golovkin and try to push him back. The question is can he generate the same amount of power at close range?
      Exactly! Most of the guys getting knocked out silly are guys who stay away and you generate most power at the end of your punches. Stay on the inside against Golovkin is the best thing to do. You might still get hit with a body shot or an uppercut but GGG hits harder with the longer shots. Ouma and Monroe although beaten up and taken out hit GGG the most in close range.

Comment

Monroe and Murray tried to stay on the inside but make it physical requires a lot of mental and body strength.

Besides Ward hard to see someone making it a physical fight.

Comment

Monroe and Murray tried to stay on the inside but make it physical requires a lot of mental and body strength.

Besides Ward hard to see someone making it a physical fight.
          And I don't think Lemieux has the stamina to or the skill level to keep it I side. From the little I've seen of him he prefers to operate at the same distance Golovkin does. I don't see this fight going past 6.

Comment

It was at close range when Monroe started taking shots to his body and hips and said his legs went numb. If Monroe showed anything it's that Golovkin will get nasty when you force him outside his comfort zone.

Ouma stayed on Golovkin's chest for 10 rounds and Golovkin showed his ability to retain his stamina/power.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              It was at close range when Monroe started taking shots to his body and hips and said his legs went numb. If Monroe showed anything it's that Golovkin will get nasty when you force him outside his comfort zone.

Ouma stayed on Golovkin's chest for 10 rounds and Golovkin showed his ability to retain his stamina/power.
              I meant can Lemieux generate the same power at close range to trouble Golovkin.

Comment

I think the plan A should be a 3r blitz then if Golovkin survives bank the body.

Comment

I meant can Lemieux generate the same power at close range to trouble Golovkin.
                  Oh. I want to see Lemieux attack Golovkin's body. Murray and Adama were able to land some shots there but without power. Tyrell Hendrix claims to have dropped Golovkin with a body shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                    Oh. I want to see Lemieux attack Golovkin's body. Murray and Adama were able to land some shots there but without power. Tyrell Hendrix claims to have dropped Golovkin with a body shot.
                    That would be his best bet early on. If anything it will take steam of GGGs shots in the later rounds if he's fortunate to make it that far.

Comment

I'm curious to see Lemieux's strategy. Golovkin usually start slow. Starts cautious or go for early KO?
                      Does GGG want to give the fans a few rounds?

Comment

Working...
                      X