No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    I had no clue this fight was this weekend.

I thought it was on the 24th.

No buzz at all for this fight.
    There may not be a lot of buzz, but that has more to do with NFL/MLB playoffs and NCAA.

It's not the buzz you'd have for a Cotto fight, but that is understandable. I expect by Friday it should be a good buzz.

Comment

• This guy's making threads like this and will still say Golovkin's beaten nothing but bums afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        I had no clue this fight was this weekend.

I thought it was on the 24th.

No buzz at all for this fight.
        I mean, it's intriguing because of Golovkin's defense and Lemieux's power but it's not like this is GGG's best opponent. He will probably win easily and early.

Comment

• Hmm. Seems I'm an outlier.

Mr. Golovkin's last two fights have taken him further in the rounds. It was Oscar De La Hoya who gave a rather chilling quote:

"If Monroe was a championship fighter with power, Golovkin would be in trouble."

Going off Lemieux's record, I think he fits that quote. Rubio was the only real shock to his system, and I felt he just took that fight too soon.

I don't think Lemieux will stop Golovkin but I also don't think GGG is going to walk through this dude like he did Monroe. I predict another Murray type of fight.

Comment

• I thought they both seemed confident. Both seemed at ease also.

Comment

• Here's hoping GGG carries David into the later rounds so we can get our PPV money's worth... GGG's chin will hold up to everything David has, but the reverse won't be true.

I hope GGG calls out Canelo and Cotto in the post-fight interview. There's really no other fight for GGG after Saturday besides one of those guys... Which is sort of sad... nothing to really look forward to... besides endless diva demands by either Canelo or Cotto to fight GGG....

Comment

• David Lemieux is being hugely underestimated and that is extra motivation. Golovkin is hearing everyone tell him how easy this fight will be but he has to be wondering, how much the people know. From my estimation, not much.

The "Rubio" fight is all some people seem to think is important, and are overlooking all the excellent qualities that Lemieux possesses. The referee will not award the fight to Golovkin in the opening round because Lemieux lost that fight. There is four years time and a great deal of maturation and distance since then. Few fighters go undefeated. Golovkin's time to lose is near.

Lemieux TKO!

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
                  so sour.
                  Sour because I didn't realise the fight was this weekend? Sour about what?

Pull your skirt down.
                  Last edited by IronDanHamza; 10-14-2015, 11:48 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
                    lol, that is on you. there's been plenty of buzz for this fight, considerin that it has no ethnic racial backing in america, and the fighters aren't even american.
                    Plenty of buzz where?

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      I mean, it's intriguing because of Golovkin's defense and Lemieux's power but it's not like this is GGG's best opponent. He will probably win easily and early.
                      It probably is his best opponent no? Who would you say is his best?

But I agree I expect an early KO.

It's not a bad fight by any stretch but I wouldn't pay for it myself. But it's a no brainer making it PPV and striking while the iron is hot.

Golovkin-Canelo next year (if both win) will do good numbers.

Comment

Working...
                      X