Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abel Sanchez " Lemieux not biggest puncher Golovkin has faced

@2.48

Comment

• People who worry about GGG's defense really have never watched GGG fight. He has one of the best defenses I have ever seen from a fighter who actually gets in there to fight and not spend the evening on a defensive strategy, running from his opponent. Most of the shots people think he is taking are actually deflected off his gloves or glancing blows as he moves slightly out of the way.

Everyone likes to point to Geale's clean shot that he took as he counterpunched Geale and took him out of the fight. If you actually take the time to look at that punch by Geale, you will see that it does not land as cleanly and as flush as you thought it did. Golovkin is moving his head back out of the way and it never makes as solid a contact as it appears.

There is nothing to worry about as far as his defense is concerned. If he does not want to get hit, he will not get hit. He has not gone almost 400 fights without getting knocked down for nothing.

Comment

• His face.....

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
        I think GGG will play counter puncher the first 4 rounds and let Lemule tire a bit. Lemule has power os very predictable, it's one of the main reason Rosado and N'dam were able to survive the onslaught.

the only thing I worry about is GGG face swollen. I know he hasn't had any major damage done to his face but he just looks like the type that can swell easily if involved in a back and forth fight.

His face does look like it swells easily. If DL isn't the biggest puncher GGG has faced, then who is? I clearly think he is and that is why he is being viewed as GGG's biggest threat yet. I expect GGG's accurate, calculated, punches and ring IQ to take it's toll on DL. I also agree with you that he will counter a lot in this fight and let DL run into mistakes. DL has a tendency to over-attack. He's too aggressive!

Comment

• Golovkin Uncensored - Golovkin vs. Lemieux - Ep 1 - "Unification" - UCN Original Seri

Comment

• Fight ordered. Now we're just days away from what's being considered the greatest fight of all time, possibly the most violent fight in human history IF David is willing to go to war like he says he is. Saturday night LIVE on PPV, you will not want to miss it. The greatest fighter of all time faces the second strongest puncher in boxing. I am already feeling a bit nervous... This the big stage, Gennady is now the face of boxing and I feel the pressure as a fan. Let's do this..

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by T18Z View Post
                Not really impressed; Pacal did nothing but shell up, no retaliation or anything. Do they believe Golovkin is going to let him strike first constantly and lay on the ropes?

Looks like a 2 minute highlight video in an otherwise univentful session.
                Lol i agree hahaha. not really the kind of sparring you would want for a guy like GGG who's gonna be coming at you and very rarely moves backwards

Comment

• Good thing I have good internet connection......**** fight for it to be ppv.

Comment

• Wack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      People who worry about GGG's defense really have never watched GGG fight. He has one of the best defenses I have ever seen from a fighter who actually gets in there to fight and not spend the evening on a defensive strategy, running from his opponent. Most of the shots people think he is taking are actually deflected off his gloves or glancing blows as he moves slightly out of the way.

Everyone likes to point to Geale's clean shot that he took as he counterpunched Geale and took him out of the fight. If you actually take the time to look at that punch by Geale, you will see that it does not land as cleanly and as flush as you thought it did. Golovkin is moving his head back out of the way and it never makes as solid a contact as it appears.

There is nothing to worry about as far as his defense is concerned. If he does not want to get hit, he will not get hit. He has not gone almost 400 fights without getting knocked down for nothing.
                      Great post. Well said.

Comment

Working...
                      X