No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Calculating... View Post
    Your first message was so funny I sig'd it.

G'day ****

WAR GGG
    Calm yourself Andrei Sukalotad1k, .

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      How are you going to talk **** about how Floyd boxes and how you are a Mexican then fight like that, all counterpunching

People don't see the hypocrisy in that.

He is only at 160, his debut weight class. Floyd in his debut weight class was more exciting than this.
      While your overall point is good, i don't think you can compare tonight's GGG with Floyd. That was not counterpunching, GGG was actually trying to hurt the opponent.

But then again, floyd was more aggressive at the lower classes.

Come on man, what do you expect? people here only see what is convenient.

Comment

• At first I wished to have seen more, but thinking about it right now it seemed a fair stoppage. Not a great stoppage, but not a terrible one either.

Lemieux may have had the power to potentially save him, but it was round 8 and had only landed clean on GGG a few times worthy of remembering and that power hadn't shown many hints of truly stunning/hurting him. Also, his face was starting to show signs of being beaten on, nose bust and a cut forming on the left eye I believe? He had been rocked and dropped prior to all this as well. That body shot was enough to leave him wide open vs a GGG that had control of him from the opening bell.

So what the referee was left with was a fighter that was losing in every sense of the word, badly hurt to the body and therefore becoming an even easier target for a fighter like GGG...It does make sense to have stopped it.

I understand why some guys don't like the stoppage, I do, especially the guys who like David, but to me it seems a wise choice considering the type of finisher GGG is and the fact he was totally in control and almost certainly about to put a big hurting on a man he was slowly beating all night in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
          you are dim
          the fact he was losing has nothing to do with the fact it was a very bad stoppage.
          you should work as a ref, you are a clear boxing genius/doctor

Comment

• lol, floyd's minions saying this was boring???

Comment

• Dem haters so mad that Le Mule didnt land that lucky punch, now they need other excuses to downplay GGG.

Always amusing to read the haters comments! KEEP EM COMING.

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                That was very much the difference between a puncher and a boxer that can punch.
                Yeah this pretty much sums it up

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Oh look at this, Team Cautious talking crap after their boy was crapping on Floyd for fighting smart.

Just saying, why talk **** then fight cautiously. I don't care how GGG fights tbh, I care about who he fights. But he did say he is a street fighter and that Floyd's style is just like a video game, then goes on an boxes the overmatched Lemiuex.
                  Lmao, Floyd has always fought cautious but he never went in for the kill...
                  Just like the idiotic Floyd fanbase who jumped in and said durrr Floyd will KO Maidana yet in that first fight IF anything Floyd was the one getting the beating atleast GGG didn't let the slugger/brawler do that to him but... TBE doe!!

Comment

• Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
                    Even the Stevens fight was better, and that was on free HBO...Lemieux laid and egg and didn't even try to go out guns blazing, but GGG was waay too cautious again.....boring and predictable, no drama. The GGG fanbase fooling themselves just to not admit this was very underwhelming.....
                    Predictable but I wouldn't say too cautious. He just wasn't all out reckless which is different. He threw plenty of power and the opportunities were there to counter him.

I don't really find his fights all that exciting but to be fair, it's mainly because of how hard it seems to be to hurt him. He's very rarely fazed by anything his opponent does. It's not very dynamic or dramatic, but it's impressive all the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                      lol, floyd's minions saying this was boring???
                      It was a showcase performance. Nothing more nothing less.

Comment

Working...
                      X